Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
129 views
When I have a short appointment, the text is being clipped even though there is enough room in the appointment area to show the entire text (see the attached image for an example).

Not to waste anybodys time, I have already tried setting the following

e.AppointmentElement.TextWrap
e.AppointmentElement.ClipText
e.AppointmentElement.Margin
e.AppointmentElement.Padding
e.AppointmentElement.FitToSizeMode
e.AppointmentElement.AutoSizeMode

to different values in the AppointmentFormatting event to no effect.

Does anybody have any ideas, I am getting complaints from my users and would love to sort this one out

Thanks
Peter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2011
6 answers
197 views
Hello Guys,

it is possible to change the direction of the ListControl like in the screenshot? Changing the property "Orientation" of the DefaultListControlStackContainer won`t work. It would be nice, if anybody can tell me the way to do this.

Thanks and regards,

Ronny
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2011
1 answer
113 views
Hi Telerik Team,

Is it possible to drag a row inside the gridview into another control? Like a combobox for example?

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2011
1 answer
134 views
i am using RadGridView to expose my data, i read the documentation to know how to define child template. As shown in the documentation, i have to expand "MasterGridViewTemplate" property, then click on "ChildGridViewTemplate" property. But, i looked at the property panel, and i didn't find it. May anyone help me as soon as possible.

please see the attached image.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2011
1 answer
114 views
Dear All,

Is there any way to change the margin between Axis ticks and Item Labels ?? please check the attached image for more details.

Thank you
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2011
1 answer
267 views
Hi all,

I`m using rad calendar with multiview (1 row 4 columns). RangeMinDate is set to 01.01.CurrentYear-1 and RangeMaxDate is set to 31.12.CurrentYear+2.
When I`m navigating to the last allowed month it is also visible 3 month from year 2014.
I would like those not allowed months (greater than  RangeMaxDate ) not to be displayed at all, or, if it is possible always display the last month in the range as the last (4th) month in the view, not the first one.
See attached pictures.
Also I wonder is it possible to change in runtime the backcolor and fore color of the selected dates.

Thanks!
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jun 2011
8 answers
249 views
Hi, I have a customer form with these information: Customer ID, Customer Name, Customer Address......
On the form, I have a save button, when i click save button, this will save customer information and I write a function to check if customer name is null or empty.
I use hot key Ctrl + S for Save button
protected override bool ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
        {
            switch (keyData)
            {               
                case Keys.Control | Keys.S:
                    btnSave_Click(btnSave, EventArgs.Empty);
                    break;
            }
            return base.ProcessDialogKey(keyData);
        }
When I press hot key Ctrl + S, if Customer Name is null or empty, i will show the messagebox: "Customer Name is not null or empty" and I set textbox customer name is focus. But after i set focus to textbox, "S" is added into textbox customer name.
I don't know why, can somebody help me...
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2011
1 answer
258 views
I am using the latest version of the winforms controls (2011.1.11.419).  When exporting to PDF, my code is not raising the HTMLCellFormatting event.  Here is the pdf export code.

Dim oPdfExporter As ExportToPDF = New ExportToPDF(Me._oSelectedGrid)
oPdfExporter.FileExtension = "pdf"
oPdfExporter.PageTitle = "Dealer Inventory"
oPdfExporter.Scale = 0.5F
oPdfExporter.PdfExportSettings.PageHeight = 210
oPdfExporter.PdfExportSettings.PageWidth = 297
oPdfExporter.ExportVisualSettings = False
oPdfExporter.HiddenColumnOption = HiddenOption.DoNotExport
oPdfExporter.HiddenRowOption = HiddenOption.DoNotExport
oPdfExporter.SummariesExportOption = SummariesOption.DoNotExport
oPdfExporter.FitToPageWidth = True
oPdfExporter.PdfExportSettings.FontType = Telerik.Apoc.Render.Pdf.FontType.Embed
Dim sTempPath As String = My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.CurrentUserApplicationData & "\Dealer_Inventory.pdf"
oPdfExporter.RunExport(sTempPath)
oPdfExporter = Nothing

Here is the HTMLCellFormatting:
Private Sub oPdfExporter_HTMLCellFormatting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.Export.HTML.HTMLCellFormattingEventArgs)
    If e.GridColumnIndex = 1 AndAlso e.GridRowInfoType.Equals(GetType(GridViewDataRowInfo)) Then
        e.HTMLCellElement.Value = "Test value"
        e.HTMLCellElement.Styles.Add("background-color", ColorTranslator.ToHtml(Color.Orange))
    End If
End Sub

Any ideas why the the oPdfExporter_HTMLCellFormatting event is not raised?

Thanks.
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 May 2011
7 answers
562 views
In another forum post, it was implied that right-clicking on a tree node did not change the selected node (and fire SelectedNodeChanged) but it appears that in my TreeView is does.

Is there any way to disable this behavior?  I am using the right-click to launch a context menu but do not want the selected node to change.

I'm not using multiselect.
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2011
14 answers
350 views
I am trying to set up a hierarchical RadGridView in my application. I have a function that returns a DataSet with two tables and a table relation directly from a SQL Server 2008 R2 database. However, I am unable to get the grid to display more than one table when trying to use the AutoGenerateHierarchy property. I see a reference to an AutoGenerateHierarchyFromDataSet property in the Binding to Hierarchical Data Automatically entry for the RadGridView control in the help, but I cannot locate this property in the control.

I need to do all of this in code, rather than graphically, due to several others using the same code base and having to dynamically connect to a database server and database at runtime. In this instance, dynamically can also be taken to mean that the server and database names are filled in from a configuration file at application launch.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?