Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
182 views
Hi,

In your RadControls for WinForms Demo - RibbonBar/Resizing Demo you show an example of a Telerik Texteditor. 

That's exactly what I want!

How can I implement it with just a few lines of code c#

Thanks,

Karl
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2011
2 answers
421 views
I've got a grid with 53 rows, the real estate on the screen only allows 12 to be viewed, a process runs that finds the desired value in row 37; gridView.CurrentRow property is set to the row in question, but it selects well below what is displayed to the user. How can I force the row into view?  When I scroll down manually the proper row is selected, I'm trying to avoid making the user scroll to see the row selected.

Thank you in advance.
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 09 Jun 2011
1 answer
161 views
I am creating appointments on the fly from a database and I noticed that some of the appointments had a ';' character added to the end of the summary text. The appointment has some formatting done in the AppointmentFormatting event but the summary never contains a ';' either in the appointment or the appointmentelement objects.

After further investigation, the ';' only appears on shorter appointments (see attached image), all the appointments in the example have an identical Location and Summary but the shorter appointments appear with a ';', the longer ones do not.

The AppointmentTitleFormat is set to "{3}{2}" but it seems to occur regardless of the format.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what is going on, it has been driving me nuts trying to find out and fix it.

Regards

Peter
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
3 answers
319 views
Anyone know how to do this?

1.  My user has one to many rows selected
2.  He performs an action, resulting in me re-binding the grid.
3.  I'd like the items that were selected to be selected again after re-setting the datasource.

Thanks.
Chris Kirkman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jun 2011
1 answer
112 views
I see that the RootRelationDisplayName is depricated and will not be supported in future releases.  What is the replacement for this function?
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2011
1 answer
258 views
I'm currently developing an application with branches in both Web AND WinForms.   The application started as a Web App, and now is currently being migrated to WinForms.

One problem I've encountered NUMEROUS times now, is that when building a webform, the change events don't fire during the initialization and setup of the controls, but in WinForms, if i've attached to a change event of some control, when I am building the form programaticly during setup and setting values on things(dropdowns, checkboxs), these events fire.  (this is undesired)

The counter measure I've applied so far is to have a class level variable named something like _changeMadeFromCode then whenever I want to set the value of a control, I have to set var to true, set the value on the control, the set the var back to false.  Then inside of the event handler, I have to check for the bool and only perform that actions if the var is false.

This works obviously, but it becomes tedious and slightly annoying to implement.

I realize that this is by design in the dotNet framework, I was working if anyone else has come up with a more elegant solution?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2011
2 answers
211 views
Hello there,

i recently create a new project with telerik WinForm Q1 2011.1.11.419 and visual basic 2010...
i just added office2010BlackTheme then
i have problem when i want to open the property builder on radGridView or radMultiColumnComboBox...

and here's the message:
"Error Invoking "Open Property Builider". Details: Must Specify valid Information for parsing in the string"

is that possible a bug..??
for your information, i'm using windows 7 SP1 32bit.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2011
2 answers
133 views
Good morning, I use the telerik WinForms Q2 2010sp2 version, and upgraded version Q32010 pair, only to apply the style of the GridView telerik got no style applied, blank, anyone know why this happens? Any component that has to change the GridView to apply the normal style?

The Best Regards, Daniel Soares
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2011
1 answer
128 views
Hi,
               In the schedular i click on new appointment in the contextmenu then the new appointment dialog opens in that the resources dropdown contains the current person name say divya as in screenshot. How this name which is coming in resource can be obtained into a variable .


Please refer screenshot


Thanks
Divya
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2011
2 answers
148 views
I'm creating a custom VisualItem control that I'd like to use to display items in the ListControl.

My problem is that I don't seem to be able to get the control to stop displaying the DisplayMember text. If I set DisplayMember to None, it displays the type name information for the object.

How can I prevent this text from being displayed?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?