Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
354 views
How conditions have to exist that ScrollControlIntoView work?

I've set AutoScroll = true for radTreeViewControl and I call :

       tn  - is a found node

    DirectoryRadTreeView.SelectedNode = tn;
    DirectoryRadTreeView.BringIntoView(tn);
    DirectoryRadTreeView.ScrollControlIntoView(DirectoryRadTreeView);
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
4 answers
250 views
I'm trying to use the mouse click event on a RadMaskedEditBox, however nothing fires. Is this a bug?

thanks,

Bret
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
4 answers
320 views
Hi I was using the following with a standard listBox

Private Sub RadListControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.Data.PositionChangedEventArgs) Handles RadListControl1.SelectedIndexChanged
        If RadListControl1.SelectedIndex > -1 Then
            Dim tenants As Tenant = RadListControl1.SelectedItem
 
            RadTextBox5.Text = tenants.ID
            RadTextBox6.Text = tenants.FirstName
            RadTextBox7.Text = tenants.Existing
            RadTextBox8.Text = tenants.LastName
 
        End If
    End Sub

however when I try to use the RadListControl I get an error on this line
Dim tenants As Tenant = RadListControl1.SelectedItem
error Value of Type telerik.win.controls.UI.RadListDataItem ' cannot be converted to mainSystem.Tenant?

please advise
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
7 answers
231 views
Then what is the counterpart of RowIndex?

I have a form with a GridView on it and it displays the data i want it to perfectly, However I want to bring up an Add/ Edit form using a context menu strip to edit or add a record to the database. To fill the form for the edit part I need to do something like this(actually works when using the standard Data Grid)
Private Sub EditToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles EditToolStripMenuItem.Click
        Dim frm As New frmAddEdit
        frm.GUID_User = Me.dgvUsers.Item(0, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.GUID_Group = Me.dgvUsers.Item(1, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtADName.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(2, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtUserName.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(3, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtEmail.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(4, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtLogin.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(5, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtPassword.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(6, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtTelNo.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(7, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtFax.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(8, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.cbActive.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(9, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
        frm.GUID_Company = Me.dgvUsers.Item(10, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.cbLead.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(11, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
        frm.cbSplit.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(12, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
        frm.cbTelesales.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(13, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
        frm.cboOffice.SelectedValue = Me.dgvUsers.Item(14, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.txtAddress.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(15, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
        frm.Text = "Edit User"
        frm.ShowDialog()
    End Sub
The Problem is that the Rad GridView doesn't recognize the RowIndex.

Can Anyone help me with a solution?
What is the Telerik Grid's counterpart to the standard DataGrid's RowIndex


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
2 answers
515 views
Hi !
I have a grid with some columns.
If I double click a cell I want to open a window chose some values and update the cell value. Is working fine for rows already in the table.
For new rows "Click here to add new row " is not working.
 I've seen something strange.

I have this code
Dim currentRow As GridViewRowInfo = CType(sender, RadGridView).CurrentRow
if currentRow.DataBoundItem Is Nothing
     do something

But even if I seen in watch screen this as having nothing value
the "do something" line is not executed .It jumps over it. Is like is a value there, even I see in watch window this currentRow.DataBoundItem = nothing.

Why is that ?
How I can access the current NEW line and modify cell values through code ?

Regards,
Mihai



Jamie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
2 answers
193 views
Hi, how can i change the headertext forecolor of some columns of my radgridview.
Some columns are required and i want to put the headertext in red.
thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
158 views
Hi,


Actually in RadDateTimePicker,  I want to restrict the user to enter date from keyboard .
i.e permit user to select date using drop down not by typing.
please give solution ASAP.. urgent!!!!


Best regards
Saikiran Ch
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
143 views
Hello Support

I have an Radchart need to change the XAxis label color. I have wincontrol Radchart

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisX

Please do needful

Regards

Asif
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
9 answers
586 views

Hoping someone can help me with this. I just upgraded my WinForms controls to version 2010.3.10.1215 from 2010.3.10.1109 and my composite filters have stopped working. They do not cause an exception or break anything else, it's as if they are completely ignored. Indidual filters work perfectly still, but they are insufficient to my needs. So... I'm checking with the community before posting a ticket. Example composite filter below. Thanks

  

CompositeFilterDescriptor

 

compositeFilter = new CompositeFilterDescriptor();

 

 

compositeFilter.FilterDescriptors.Add(

new FilterDescriptor("IsDeleted", FilterOperator.IsEqualTo, false));

 

 

compositeFilter.FilterDescriptors.Add(

new FilterDescriptor("FolderLocation", FilterOperator.IsEqualTo, selectedFolder));

 

 

compositeFilter.LogicalOperator =

FilterLogicalOperator.And;

 

 

 

rgvEmails.FilterDescriptors.Clear();

rgvEmails.FilterDescriptors.Add(compositeFilter);

 

 

 

Christ
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
9 answers
348 views
hey guys

I've a problem with the filter in the MultiColumn ComboBox:

If filtering is turned on, and I type some letters in the CB that only one row is left in the combogridview, this row is autoselected from the combobox.

Is there a way to disable that function because when you type fastly you don't get when the row is autoselected. That means you write some more letters after the autoselect.

So for example if I would like to select the row "Media":

1. I type "Me"
2. only one row is left in the combogridview and the row "Media" is selected (also in the combobox.text is now "Media")
3. I dont get that and continue with "dia"
4. So in the Combobox the Text "Mediadia" appears
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?