Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
175 views
Hi,
    I have upgrade the 2011Q2 to 2011Q3, and I have understood what you had told me several days ago. According to the 2011Q3, the GridBrowserColumn should be made up of a TextBox and a Button, and the Button is included in the TextBox. I want to ask how can I create the same? That is how can I create a Custom column with a TextBox and a Button, the Button is included in the TextBox?
    Also, if I want to implement the KeyUp event in my old Custom column that I have asked a few days ago, and the effect should be the same with the RadGridView_KeyUp event, how can I do? (I upload the affix)



Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Dec 2011
1 answer
169 views
Hi, I am a newbie with telerik controls. I added an unbounded control to my grid. Now I implemented the cellclick event of the grid and trying to get whether the user has clicked on the cell of unbounded column or any other column. For the rest of the columns it is working fine, but it doesn't notify when the user click on the cell of unbounded column. Here is the code, I tried
 private void MasterTemplate_CellClick(object sender, GridViewCellEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Column.Name == "IS_INCLUDED")   // My unbounded column Name is IS_INCLUDED
            {
                MessageBox.Show(e.Row.Cells["IS_INCLUDED"].Value.ToString());
            }
            else
                MessageBox.Show(e.Column.Name);
        }

Any help would be appreciated in this regard.
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Dec 2011
11 answers
546 views
how can i activate (show) a specific tab in backstage view using code just by code ? (like when u press ctrl+p in microsoft word, it brings up "Print Preview Backstage")
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2011
1 answer
259 views
Is it possible to hide the RadMenuItem Shortcut from the user?  I have shortcuts on my topmost menu items that I do not want my shortcut displayed.  It looks rather ugly on the item.

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2011
4 answers
461 views
Hey guys,

I've started to use this control and have a quick question, apologies if it's addressed elsewhere on the forum but I've not found anything from reading and searching for this.

We have a requirement (for some date fields) that the user be able to enter the date with continuous entry of numbers. IE to enter a date 01/02/1999 the user should only have to tab to the field then press the keys 0-1-0-2-1-9-9-9 then tab onto the next field.

This datetimepicker, so far seems to have the same issue has the microsoft one in that to type this data in you need to hit the following keys 0-1-RightArrow-0-2-RightArrow-1-9-9-9
We have solved the issue for a particular date entry field by using our own masked text box but it would be nice to get this behaviour AND the datetimepicker in the same control.

I understand that the datetimepicker uses a RadMaskedTextBox for the text entry field, but I can't figure out how to get any control of the text entry itself

Thanks for your time,
Direct Control
Lookoum
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Dec 2011
4 answers
262 views
Hi,

I'm rather new to the controls (specifically the ribbon) and I'm trying to achieve the Office 2010 look. I used that theme which turns the main application button into a dark blue folder tab. I would like to print "File" in white on this button.

I have found in the UI Elements for the control that I can set the RadApplicationMenuButtonElement.DisplayStyle to Text, change the Forecolor to white, and change the Text to "File". This appears to work in design, but when I run the application and apply the theme, it goes away.

Furthermore I need to support multiple languages, so I would like to set "File" from a language file.
Does anyone know how to get to the UI elements from source code?

Thanks.
Jason
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Dec 2011
1 answer
137 views
I want to move the controls in the Recurrence Edit Dialog

I want to move  the Setting controls in the Recurrence pattern GroupBox
Example:
Selected Yearly
The First  Day of  January 
Move to 
of  January  the  First  Day

sorry for my poor English
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2011
3 answers
762 views
In RadGridView, I am trying the following:

1.  When the row is clicked/selected, show 1 color. - Telerik grid had a default color, when i went to grid's row formatting  event:

 if (e.RowElement.IsSelected)
            {
                e.RowElement.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
                e.RowElement.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
                e.RowElement.DrawFill = true;
            }

The issue is first row is selected as default when the grid is bound, when i click any rows , the first row that is already selected still shows as selected (although multiselect is false for the grid.), how do i not select first row, if any new row is clicked?

2. Also when i select/click on the row, always the first cell is highlighted, how do i disable that?
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2011
13 answers
283 views

Hi!

 

How can I change size of GridDetailViewRowElement/GridDetailViewCellElement?

Default size is too thick for me.

 

Regards

Ebrahim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Dec 2011
1 answer
313 views
Hi

I have 

 Dim cResolved As New ConditionalFormattingObject("Resolved", ConditionTypes.Equal, "Resolved", "", True)
    cResolved.RowForeColor = Color.DarkGreen
        cResolved.CellForeColor = Color.DarkGreen
        dgServices.Columns("Status").ConditionalFormattingObjectList.Add(cResolved)

And this works great. How would I add another condition to this so 

"Status = Resolved" AND ResolveUser="USER"

Thanks in advance
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?