Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
217 views
I tried to follow your guide, but I'm not able to figure out what step I skipped... 
The problem is that when I group my items, they all get into a single group with the FQDN of the object in BindingList. For the same reason (I think), the ordering doesn't work.

I set up a RadListView whith those parameters (ViewType cannot be changed):
radListView1.DataSource = dtoList;
oDtoList = dtoList;
radListView1.DisplayMember = "Title";
radListView1.ValueMember = "PictureId";
radListView1.ViewType = ListViewType.IconsView;
radListView1.Padding = new Padding(10, 48, 10, 10);
this.radListView1.ItemSize = new Size(300, 110);
this.radListView1.ItemSpacing = 5;
this.radListView1.AllowArbitraryItemHeight = false;

dtoList is a BindingList of:
public class DTOimage
    {
       public Int64 PictureId;
       public String Path;
       public String Author;
       public String Title;
       public DTOimage(){}
       public DTOimage(Int64 pictureId, String path, String author, String title)
       {
           PictureId = pictureId;
           Path = path;
           Author = author;
           Title = title;
       }
    }

when I group items, I've:
private void commandBarDropDownList2_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.Data.PositionChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            this.radListView1.GroupDescriptors.Clear();
            switch (this.commandBarDropDownList2.Text)
            {
                case "Nessuno":
                    this.radListView1.EnableGrouping = false;
                    this.radListView1.ShowGroups = false;
                    break;
                case "Nome":
                    this.radListView1.GroupDescriptors.Add(new GroupDescriptor(
                        new SortDescriptor[] { new SortDescriptor("Title", ListSortDirection.Ascending) }));
                    this.radListView1.EnableGrouping = true;
                    this.radListView1.ShowGroups = true;
                    break;
                case "Autore":
                    this.radListView1.GroupDescriptors.Add(new GroupDescriptor(
                        new SortDescriptor[] { new SortDescriptor("Author", ListSortDirection.Ascending) }));
                    this.radListView1.EnableGrouping = true;
                    this.radListView1.ShowGroups = true;
                    break;
            }
        }

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2012
2 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi,

I am binding the parent nodes to a treeview initially and intends to bind the children of each node on LoadOnDemand.I am checking whether each parent node is having child nodes on initial bind to show or hide the expand-collapse button.I want to hide the expand-collapse button for those nodes who doesn't have any child.

Help me.
Thnx in advance.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2012
1 answer
162 views
gridView dosnt Print Group Header Row
exist an example in telerik winform example "group summaries"
and i add a function to header row " Customer ID : ALFKI | Max of Freight: 63.53;"
but in printing dosent show " | Max of Freight: 63.53;"

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2012
1 answer
89 views
Hi there !


I'm currently working on a project of schedular and for that , i'm following step by step this tutoriel http://tv.telerik.com/watch/winforms/radscheduler/introduction-radscheduler-winforms 

But when i make the DataBinding , i can't ad or remove an appointment in the schedular 
The error is : " Impossible to an element in a Only Read list or a definite size"  ( Sorry for that translation i'm French ^^' )


Can someone help me ? 

Thanks ! 
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2012
3 answers
269 views
Hate to ask this but when I use Infragistics controls (evil competitor), they have the concept of showing an Overflow Indicator in the edit control when the text in the control will be cut off (too much text to show all of it).  This is very useful for end users as they can hover over the indicator and get a tooltip of all of the text.

How can I, using the TextBox control:

Show an Overflow Indicator such that the user can see all their text in a tooltip?
OR
Have the text clip at word/characters with a "..." at the end of the control such that the user can then see all their text in a tooltip?
OR
Determine if the text has been clipped?  If it is clipped then I can set the tooltip myself to the text.

By the way, I like the Telerik controls in that they "feel" better thus I'm in your forums ;)

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2012
3 answers
207 views
There seems to be a problem with RTF in RadRichTextBox when interpreting \b0 and \i0 as in they are ignored.

So RTF where the text contains for example: "Test of \b Bold\b0 text" should be shown with only "Bold" in bold, but the \b0 is ignored and the rest of the paragraph is in bold. The same happens with italics and \i0.

The same RTF is shown correctly in .NET's normal RichTextBox and in Word.

This is with RadRichTextBox from 2011 Q3 (RadControls_WinForms_2011_3_11_1219_dev.msi).

Has this bug been fixed in a newer release?
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2012
3 answers
401 views
Hi,
I have a menu that has excess padding on the right of all my CommandBarDropDownButton menu items that for some of our users with low resolution, is causing problems with child menu items displaying.  Is there a way to reduce the amount of padding to the right of each menu item either through Visual Style Builder or through code? See image below for a visual.

Thanks,
David A.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2012
5 answers
323 views
Hi!
The RadLabel text property can contain HTML. Before -in the first release of the Telerik controls I had installed- the property in the VS2010 toolbox had a little button that called a dialog which contained an HTML editor. However, since the last 2 updates that little button has disappeared and I can't call this dialog anymore...How can I get the dialog back?

Tia,
Martin
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2012
2 answers
237 views
I have enabled Sorting and Column Sorting under the Telerik ListView properties.

This ListView is updated on a regular interval. In the update method I call Items.Clear() and Columns.Clear().
I add some columns programmitically as well. However, when the code runs below it throws an "Out of range index" exception.

radListView.Items.Add(new ListViewDataItem(dr["Mon"].ToString() + dr["Year"].ToString()));
ListViewDataItem item = this.radListView.Items[0];

This only occurs after I have clicked a column header to sort it. If the column was not sorted, the code runs fine.
When I look at the Count of radListView.Items the Count is 0. This means the radListView.Item.Add method did nothing..
Brandon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Apr 2012
3 answers
156 views
Hello,


In my RadGridViews>Datatime columns, the datetime are display like this for example 28/03/2012 00:00:00 .
I would like them not to display time.

I've tried to set the formatstring as "dd/MM/yyyy" in the columns properties but then in the column cells it was displayed dd/MM/yyyy, I mean litterally dd/MM/yyyy, not the the date.

So, what am I doing wrong ?


Thank you for support.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?