This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Winform controls disappearing from toolbox - Q2 2010 & vs.net 2010

5 Answers 112 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
Gary Davis asked on 16 Jul 2010, 09:53 PM
I had the controls in the toolbox. Then, attempting to create a test project for RadGridView, opening the property builder and clicking on the Build button on the top, VS2010 crashed. When it restarted, the toolbox no longer has RadControls.

BTW, I was not sure what the Build button was for, I just clicked it to see if my column names would appear in the Grid design view.

Thanks,
Gary Davis

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2010, 09:18 AM
Hello Gary Davis,

Thank you for writing.

I am getting straight to your questions.

The issue you report with VS2010 crashing when the Build button is pressed is a known issue that happens only under VS2010. It is addressed and it will be fixed in our next release. The Build button in the Property Builder is used to create hierarchical grids. If you need such functionality I would like to suggest you to use the binding method described in the Binding to Hierarchical Data help article. This is tested under VS 2010 and should work. Another approach is to use VS 2008.

As to your missing toolbox items, try refreshing the toolbox, and if it does not work (or you don't want to do it), please consider the following knowledge base article, which will guide you on how to manually populate the toolbox.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Jul 2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks. The toolbox reset did not work so I used the KB article option 1 to manually add the controls.

Step 3 said not to choose FilteredPropertyGrid. Why is that?

Thanks,
Gary Davis
Trustteam
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jul 2010, 12:47 AM
Not sure if this is helpfull bit I read somewhere on the other forums that not all Controls are visible when you use the .net 4.0 Client framework. only in the Full framework the controls will be visible. This is the case for the RadChart control for example.

and yes "things" disapearing.... I'm totally not surprised I'm seeing text , properties, controls dissapear each time I build my project
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2010, 03:07 PM
Hello Gary Davis, 

Thank you for your reply.

The FilteredPropertyGrid component is a part of Telerik.WinControls.UI.Design assembly. As the name of the assembly implies, the components contained in this assembly affect the design-time of RadControls.
Therefore, there is no point in adding these components in your Toolbox.

I hope this information is useful.

Kind regards,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2010, 02:02 PM
Hello Stijn Vandeputte,

Thank you for your reply.

You are completely right that using Client version of the Framework might cause this behavior.

If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me. 

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2