This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Winform controls disappearing from toolbox - Q1 2010 & vs.net 2010 RC

4 Answers 92 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rjmorton
Top achievements
Rank 1
rjmorton asked on 06 Apr 2010, 06:05 PM
I have a strange issue with the Q1 2010 Winform controls and Visual Studio 2010 RC and I thought I would post in the hope that someone else has seen it and solved it.

I have just installed the Q1 controls, restarted my system and fired up Visual Studio 2010 RC.
When I open (or create a new) winform project, the Telerik tab is not present in the Toolbox.
So, I try and create a new tab, name it 'Telerik' but I get an error saying 'Tab name 'Telerik' already exists!

I next try to create a new tab, give it a different name and then add any of the Telerik controls to it. The second I try and add the controls, the tab disappears!
I'm assuming I'm having some sort of compatibility issue here?

I did before this have the Q3 2009 controls installed, but I uninstalled those first before installing Q1.
I'm running Windows 7, 64bit with the Visual Studio RC edition.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Richard.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2010, 07:56 AM
Hi rjmorton,

Please, check that the project you have created is against a non-Client Profile version of the framework. By default, VS2010 created new WinForms project under .NET4 Client Profile, which we do not support in Q1 2010. If you change the project to be against .NET4 the controls should appear in the toolbox. Let us know whether this was the case.

FYI, we will support the Client Profile versions of .NET4 and .NET3.5 in the upcoming SP.

Greetings,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Heath Brown
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2010, 09:05 PM
Thank you!  I had the same problem, and now I know how to fix it.  I even went back to VS2008, where the controls worked fine and created a small project there.  Can't believe I didn't think of this to be honest. :)
Accepted
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2010, 09:23 AM
Nice solution, Heath Brown :)

@ rjmorton: in the SP1 release we released yesterday we have added support for the .NET4 Client Profile, so you should not experience such issues. Feel free to download the new version from your account and check the release notes.

We will be glad to hear your comments.

Greetings,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
rjmorton
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2010, 07:36 PM
Fantastic - thanks guys!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
rjmorton
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by