This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Watermark

4 Answers 350 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Louis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
Louis asked on 23 Dec 2013, 04:26 AM
Hello,

I try to use expression to display the Text proprety :

=IIF(Fields.Approuvee = 0,"Non approuvée", null)

But it's not working.   The field seem null.  I try ReportParametrer and it's ok.  I put a textbox to display Fields.Approuvee and I can see it.

Any help will be appreciate.

Have nice Holiday.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2013, 01:32 PM
Hello Louis,

The IIF function returns one of two objects, depending on the evaluation of an expression. The first parameter is the expression. If the expression evaluates to True the second parameter is returned, if False the third parameter is returned.

In your case this means that if Fields.Approuvee is not equal to 0 you won't see anything in the text box, since the IIF function returns null - the function's third parameter. This is the expected behavior. Please double check your expression and true/false parameters of the function and your data.

If you still experience issues with the function, please elaborate further on your scenario. You can also use our support ticketing system to send us screenshots, sample reports and other useful information that will help us solve the issue.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Louis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 24 Dec 2013, 02:55 PM
Drearest Nasko,

The problem is not my understand the expression, the problem is the field is always empty.

I try directly the name of the field like =Fields.Approuvee and even other fields and the watermark never print.  And those fields are in textboxs in the report and I can see the value.  So they have values but the watermak dont show values from fields...

I try with report parameters and it's ok with those values.  But not with fields.

Any help will be appreciate.

Accepted
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2013, 05:12 PM
Hello Louis,

Thank you for the further explanation.

The reason for the described behavior is that watermarks are added to the report in its rendering phase, when the processing report is paged. More detailed information on the topic can be found in the Report Life Cycle help article.
Paging is specific to the rendering format and must occur during rendering, well after early report processing where data binding occurs. Thus watermark expressions cannot use data fields or aggregate functions.

If you want to control the watermark text, you can do so using report parameters, as you already noted.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Louis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 24 Dec 2013, 05:40 PM
Ok thank you.  Happy Holidays.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Louis