VS2017 Break Mode applying implicit theme

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Vivian
    Vivian avatar
    3 posts

Posted 02 Jun Link to this post

After referencing the Office 2013 theme dll (Binaries.NoXaml) and then the first step was I added the App.xaml merged resources shown below. This breaks the build and gives the attached Break Mode error in System Presentation. Am I missing something? 

I tried copying the xaml files out but the xaml files showed a lot of errors. So I am guessing we need to copy a lot more files than the required xaml files. 

So another question would be to find out how this is deployed to customers. 

What files are required apart from the xaml files?

<Application x:Class=" MyApp.App"
                 xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
                 StartupUri="Views/MainWindow.xaml">
        <Application.Resources>
            <ResourceDictionary>
                <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                    <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/System.Windows.xaml" />
                    <ResourceDictionary
                        Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.xaml" />
                    <ResourceDictionary
                        Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.xaml" />
                    <ResourceDictionary
                        Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.xaml" />
                    <ResourceDictionary
                        Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView.xaml" />
                </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            </ResourceDictionary>
        </Application.Resources>
    </Application>
  2. Vivian
    Vivian avatar
    3 posts

Posted 06 Jun Link to this post

I was using few wrong versions of the dll's

The issue is solved now. 

3. Martin
    Admin
    Martin avatar
    99 posts

Posted 06 Jun Link to this post

Hello,

You need to add the theme assembly as well all the assemblies that you are using to your project (they all need to be noXAML) In your case they need to be Telerik.Windows.Controls, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input,Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation, Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView and Telerik.Windows.Data and the Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013; you need to set the merged dictionaries as you have done and you can use controls from the included assemblies. There should be no problem as long as all the assemblies are with one version and you have all the mentioned assemblies referenced in your project.

If you are still experiencing issues, could I please ask you to provide more information about your application, use case and/or the error(s) you are receiving.

Regards,
    Martin
    Progress Telerik
    Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.