This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2017 Break Mode applying implicit theme

2 Answers 71 Views
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vivian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vivian asked on 02 Jun 2017, 01:17 PM

After referencing the Office 2013 theme  (Binaries.NoXaml) and then the first step was I added the App.xaml merged resources shown below. This breaks the build and gives the attached Break Mode error in System Presentation. Am I missing something? 

I tried copying the files out but the files showed a lot of errors. So I am guessing we need to copy a lot more files than the required files. 

So another question would be to find out how this is deployed to customers. 

What files are required apart from the files?

<Application x:Class=" MyApp.App"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             StartupUri="Views/MainWindow.xaml">
    <Application.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary>
            <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                <ResourceDictionary Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/System.Windows.xaml" />
                <ResourceDictionary
                    Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.xaml" />
                <ResourceDictionary
                    Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.xaml" />
                <ResourceDictionary
                    Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.xaml" />
                <ResourceDictionary
                    Source="/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013;component/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView.xaml" />
            </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
        </ResourceDictionary>
    </Application.Resources>
</Application>

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vivian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2017, 12:41 PM

I was using few wrong versions of the

The issue is solved now. 

Martin
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2017, 02:46 PM
Hello,

You need to add the theme assembly as well all the assemblies that you are using to your project (they all need to be noXAML) In your case they need to be Telerik.Windows.Controls, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input,Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation, Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView and Telerik.Windows.Data and the Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013; you need to set the merged dictionaries as you have done and you can use controls from the included assemblies. There should be no problem as long as all the assemblies are with one version and you have all the mentioned assemblies referenced in your project.

If you are still experiencing issues, could I please ask you to provide more information about your application, use case and/or the error(s) you are receiving.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Tags
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
Asked by
Vivian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vivian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin
Telerik team