VS2013 Exception with DesignTime assemblies

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Heiko
    Heiko avatar
    134 posts

Posted 28 Nov 2016 Link to this post

Since updating to the latest R3 2016 I get exceptions when loading a XAML form/window/control in these three assemblies from VS ShadowCache:

• Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.Design.5.0.dll
    • Telerik.Windows.Controls.Pivot.Design.5.0.dll
    • Telerik.Windows.Controls.PivotFieldList.Design.5.0.dll

I cleared the whole ShadowCache folders, deleted all assemblies from my project/bin folder and did a clean rebuild, but the error message still appears. There is no specific error message except "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". I can still work with VS but the error messages are very annoying.

Regards
    Heiko

2. Answer
    Nasko
    Admin
    Nasko avatar
    698 posts

Posted 28 Nov 2016 Link to this post

Hi Heiko,

We are aware of the observed by you exceptions visualized in the output of Visual Studio. The logged item you could find on the following link:
    https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/143/Feedback/Details/205221-output-exception-are-thrown-when-add-references-to-gridview-ganttview-pivot-pi

However, I am glad to inform you that they have already been fixed. The fix is available with the latest internal build and will also be available with R1 2017.

Please, check the internal build and if you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Hope the provided information will be helpful for you.

Regards,
    Nasko
    Telerik by Progress
    Telerik UI for WPF is ready for Visual Studio 2017 RC! Learn more.
  3. Heiko
    Heiko avatar
    134 posts

Posted 28 Nov 2016 in reply to Nasko Link to this post

Hi Nasko, thanks for the reply. I will check the latest internal build.

Regards
    Heiko