This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2008 Express registration benefits license terms

3 Answers 196 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rendler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rendler asked on 13 Feb 2011, 10:19 PM

hi everyone,

I guess this question is more for the telerik.com guys....I once registered for the VisualStudio 2008 Express Edition and on the registration benefits page was a telerik rad ribbon for winforms control. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find the license terms for that control nor can I access the page to download it again. Can anyone provide me with a copy of the license terms for VS2008 Express Edition for that control? Also, does it apply for VisualStudio 2010 Express Edition?

regards,

Denis R.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 04:45 PM
Hello Rendler,

This promo was organized by Microsoft and they asked us whether we will be interested in providing free tools to all VS2008 Express registrants. We do not have the license terms that Microsoft had posted, but as far as the ribbon is concerned, you can use it in unlimited number of applications. You can read Telerik's License Agreement here: http://www.telerik.com/purchase/license-agreement/telerik-premium-collection.aspx

This offer is no longer available and is not applicable to VS2010 Express.

Best wishes,
Vassil
the Telerik team
Q3’10 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download; also available is the Q1'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.
Rendler
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 09:49 PM

Hi Vassil,

Thank you very much for the quick and concise answer. The MS team did not post any license agreement and when I tried to install the package on my system I was reading something about a trial period and that's when I decided to "stop and ask for directions". I was thinking that there is no point in developing something and not be able to deploy it. I would still like to ask one more thing if you will allow me. If I downloaded the package from the VS2008 EE Registration Benefits page and now upgraded to VS2010EE will I still be able to use that control in commercial applications or do I need to purchase a separate license?

Regards,

Denis R.

Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2011, 01:40 PM
Yes Denis, you can continue to use the Telerik Ribbon control in commercial applications with VS2010EE. We provided this control in a royalty-free form, so we do not impose any restrictions on the control usage nor the IDE usage.

As seeing the word "trial" in the license agreements, I am not sure that this relates to you. If the control that you have downloaded is a Trial version (which I doubt), we will gladly send you a royalty-free version. Just let us know.

Greetings,
Vassil
the Telerik team
Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
Rendler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team