This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 Upgrade Wizard NOT working

7 Answers 195 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Simon asked on 28 Nov 2019, 11:04 AM

Hello,

I have installed the newest releases (Telerik Reporting R3 2019) via Progess Control Panel on my computer.

I opened my project in VS 2010 and wanted to upgrade all the reporting dll's.

But when I click on the menu entry "Upgrade Wizard" nothing happens!

No further window appears!

See the screenshoot!

How can I solve this problem?

Best regards

Simon

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2019, 11:05 AM

Hi Simon,

I tested locally and was able to reproduce the issue. The error logged by the Trace Listener I attached to the Visual Studio 2010 was:

No Telerik Reporting products found in registry
    Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.CalcBufferSize(Stream input)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InitStreamInput(Uri baseUri, String baseUriStr, Stream stream, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteCount, Encoding encoding)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(String url, Stream input, XmlNameTable nt)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Vs.Common.ProductListBuilder.Fill(ProductList products, String resourcesPrefix)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Vs.Common.ProductList..ctor(String resourcesPrefix)
   at Telerik.Reporting.UpgradeWizard.UpgradeWizardHost..ctor(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.VsPackage.Initialize()

We would research the issue further and update this thread when we have more details.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2019, 10:00 AM

Hi Todor,

thank you for your reply.

Best regards

Simon

Todor
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2020, 03:43 PM

Hi Simon,

The issue has been fixed and the fix will be available with our next release.

Most probably we will release an Internal Build in the middle of the next week, around January 29th, 2020.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2020, 07:52 AM

Hi Todor,

thank you very much for your information.

When you publish it, I will install that build.

Best regards

Simon

Todor
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jan 2020, 08:24 AM

Hi Simon,

We released the internal build with the fix yesterday - Telerik Reporting R1 2020 SP1 14.0.20.127.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2020, 12:17 AM

Hi,

I had the same problem and when running the update wizard i get the following error (screen attached) which means I cannot upgrade at all.

Todor
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2020, 03:38 PM

Hi Stephen,

I noticed that you have opened a support ticket on the same issue. I will summarize my answer also here for the benefit of our community.

The error message indicates that the Visual Studio either uses an old NuGet package manager extension or the extension is not installed at all. You may check Using Nuget in Visual Studio 2010 & 2012 article for hints on installing and upgrading NuGet manager in VS 2010.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1