This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2008 Toolbox

3 Answers 79 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
M asked on 03 Sep 2009, 01:58 AM
After installation, under RadControls for WPF Q2 2009 SP1 in the Toolbox the same set of controls is shown multiple times.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 03 Sep 2009, 08:01 AM
Hi M,

Please try resetting your toolbox and restarting Visual Studio.  That should fix the problem with the multiplied items appearing in the toolbox. See the screenshot if you can't find the menu option.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Anastasia
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2009, 09:59 PM
Tried that, it does not solve the problem.

DotNetBar from DevComponents does not exhibit this behaviour.

Besides the duplicates, there is a huge number of "controls" with no icons in the list, things like TimeRuler, TimeRulerItem, AppointmentDeleteDialogWindow, etc.

It looks like every class in the sdk is in the Toolbox.
Missing User
answered on 04 Sep 2009, 08:14 AM

Hi M,

I've also faced up to the same problem as the one you are describing and resetting the toolbox did the job for me.
That's  why I did a bit of searching around the net for a few things to try and found these posts in the stackoverflow site:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/283238/my-toolbox-show-multiple-copies-of-the-same-control-vs2008
according to which the problem probably consists in that you have your toolbox items in the on-disk cache or settings. It basically lists these steps:

1. Close Visual Studio
   2. Ensure no instances of devenv is running.
   3. Go to Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft and look for Visual Studio temp files.
   4. Delete the temp files.
   5. Go to Users\\Documents\VisualStudio 2008\Settings and make backups of your settings files, then delete the originals.
   6. Reopen VS.NET, you should be prompted to choose your developer settings.

and this one:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/917998/vs-2008-toolbox-shows-multiple-instances-of-the-same-control

Hope these posts will help you to resolve your problem.

Regarding the 'huge number of "controls" with no icons in the list' , the problem is coming from the design assemblies, but we are currently working on some toolbox improvements and hopefully they will be available for our next official release.

Kind regards,

Anastasia
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question