This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2017 issue

4 Answers 174 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew asked on 08 Mar 2017, 08:52 PM

I just moved one of my projects from VS 2015 where it was ok to VS 2017 and getting an error now when setting the width of a column. Before it was assigned a wildcard "*" now getting an error: "The TypeConverter for gridviewlength doesn't support converting from a string"

See attached screenshot

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Mar 2017, 09:11 PM

Humm it's not just width="*". It's Width="200" also. I have the WPF controls version 2017.1.222.45

Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Mar 2017, 09:34 PM
Well, well, well as my old granny would say. After compiling and running the Application with no problem I can go view the  and there is no error showing now.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Mar 2017, 09:35 PM
After compiling and running the application with no error I went back to view the  and the error is not showing anymore.
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2017, 02:04 PM
Hi Andrew,

I am glad that the problem is solved after compiling the application.

Whenever you need assistance with our components, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Stefan X1
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefan
Telerik team