This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual studio 2013 dark theme seems to be not working on the DataFilter

7 Answers 193 Views
DataFilter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Erdem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Erdem asked on 19 Jun 2014, 12:50 PM

Hi,

When applying implicit styles almost all controls seem to have white characters with a black background, except for the Datafilter.

when adding a filter, you can click a dropdown, and the values in the dropdown are correct in white color, but once selected the color of the characters are black and the background is black.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Erdem,

Thank you for contacting us. The behavior you described is a bit strange.
We have tried to replicate the behavior you describe, however to no avail. 

Would it be possible to check the attached project and let us know if you experience the same behavior by your side?

Furthermore, we would be glad if you share your thoughts about our brand new VisualStudio2013 theme. 

Regards,
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Erdem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2014, 06:24 PM

Hi,

Your solution seems to work. I even copied my xaml in to your solution and it still works fine.

I'm having a hard time pinpointing why this is the case in my solution... If I come across a reason, I'll let you know...

the VisualStudio2013 is very nice. I really like it. In my opinion it's the best Theme in the entire suite. my personal Preference goes to Dark and Blue Style.

Erdem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2014, 07:04 PM

FYI - it's not specifically the datafilter that has this problem but the combobox

Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2014, 10:27 AM
Hi Erdem,

We've tried to reproduce the issue, but with no luck. However there are a couple of things that you can check in your application:
 - Have you applied any additional style for RadComboBox (implicit style with TargetType=Telerik:RadComboBox)?
 - Have you applied any additional style for RadComboBoxItem (implicit style with TargetType=Telerik:RadComboBoxItem)?
 - Have you applied any additional style for TextBox (implicit style with TargetType=TextBox)?

Any of the above could cause the unexpected behavior - it looks like in your application there is additional style for RadComboBox, which is setting Foreground to Black. If you are referencing any additional dlls, the problem could be caused by them - maybe in some of them you will find the style.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Erdem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2014, 02:04 PM

Well, actually there really isn't any other styles there... I took my project, and removed everything except the DataFilter and made it look the same as your project but still I'm having the same issue.

I've attaced it to the attached files.

I'm sure there must be some sort of a different. Would you be so kind to take a look?
It's really weird.

Edit: the file is too big to attach ... you can download it here: http://1drv.ms/1uJXmef

Accepted
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2014, 02:30 PM
Hi Erdem,

Thank you for the sample project, it helped a lot. The problem is that you are using XAML binaries, while VisualStudio2013 requires NoXaml binaries. The issue with black foreground is caused by some missing styles. In order to fix it, please reference all Telerik binaries from your <Telerik installation dir>\Binaries.NoXaml directory. We've tried this on your project and everything works fine.

Could you give it a try and inform us if it works for you? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Erdem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2014, 08:05 PM

Incredible. That's it !

man, fact that the other controls were looking good completely threw me off!

Thanks! you guys rock :-)
Tags
DataFilter
Asked by
Erdem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
Erdem
Top achievements