This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2013 crashes when adding a new report viewing window

1 Answer 87 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eddie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eddie asked on 02 Oct 2015, 05:01 PM

I am trying to add a new Report Viewing Window in my Visual Studio 2013 developed WPF application. I already have a report defined in a separate class library and now I am trying to use that report in my WPF app. I am trying to Add New Item and from the WPF category I choose "Telerik Report Viewer Window Q3 2015". I name it accordingly and then I am presented with a form to configure the source of the report. I choose Existing Report Definition. Once I select Existing Report Definition, the only option I have is "TRDX report definition created in Report Designer". The other option, "Type report definition created in Visual Studio" is not enabled. My report was created in the Visual Studio designer, so I would expect to use this option. There's a progress bar that says "Loading types...". I wait on it for close to a minute or so, hoping that it will find my report and it will allow me to select it. It doesn't because the Visual Studio crashes and then it reopens on its own. I need to reload the entire solution and basically start the whole process all over again.

Does anyone else have the same experience and if you do, how did you solve it?

TIA,

Eddie

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2015, 01:06 PM
Hi Eddie,

If both projects use the same Telerik Reporting version, types will be loaded successfully for the option to use existing reports.

Please test to run the Upgrade Wizard in the solution and update all related projects. then rebuild and test to use the WPF RepotViewer VS template with an existing report definition.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further help.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Eddie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or