This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2010 Performance Issues

3 Answers 83 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Legoless
Top achievements
Rank 1
Legoless asked on 28 May 2012, 07:09 PM
Hello,

I am having big performance issues with UI coding in Visual Studio 2010. The IDE itself hangs for few seconds when scrolling or editing few characters in the project XAML file. The code behind is not a problem and it works okay. There are no other extensions installed than Telerik WPF Extensions and the Visual Studio has all latest updates.

So my guess is, it has something to do with controls, because it works much faster on a project without Telerik controls. The problem is frustrating, I spend hours coding a simple interface instead of minutes, just because I wait for IDE to respond. I have already tried changing the Visual Studio settings such as: disabling Toolbox auto population, changing to software rendering, and few tweaks. The Studio hangs when editing XAML code, no matter what, so it must be something in connection with my Telerik setup. I tried this on my workstation and my laptop and it works the same.

The problem is either bad XAML code (too long perhaps - 285 lines), or something with controls configuration.

Can you please help me?

Thank you,

Dal Rupnik

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2012, 06:24 AM
Hi,

Can you send us the problematic project or just the XAML? Can you post the version of our assemblies at your end? 

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Legoless
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2012, 11:36 AM
Hello, of course I can send you, just tell me where (I cannot actually share the source with the world). The version of my asseblies is 0528.40, hotfix. I regurarely update the assemblies, but this problem persists for a while on all versions.

Best Regards,

Dal
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2012, 11:38 AM
Hello,

You can simply open support ticket. 

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Legoless
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Legoless
Top achievements
Rank 1