This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2010 Crashing when designing report

25 Answers 632 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 2
Doug asked on 08 Oct 2012, 02:36 AM
I recently loaded and installed ALL of the Q2 2012 tools (premium subscription) and am now experiencing crashes all the time when designing reports.  Specifically the last 3 times it crashed this hour I was editing the Conditional formatting on the detail line of a report.  My OS is Windows 7 running on 64 bit and am using Visual Studio Premium and in this case Telerik Reporting 6.1.12.820 (Q2 2012).

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  The only real difference between this and my previous install is the addition of the JustCode plugin.

Doug

25 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2012, 10:46 AM
Hi Doug,

The behavior you report is not a known issue and we have not been able to reproduce any crashes when applying conditional formatting. If you continue to experience such problem, please try the following:
  • try the same on another machine to exclude machine specific problems i.e. corrupted VS installation.
  • Provide us with logs from VS after the crash occurs. Turn on the tracing of the VS IDE and perform the actions that cause the crash. Below is the XML you need to add to the devenv.exe.config file:
    Copy Code
    Copy Code
    <?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.diagnostics>
            <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
              <listeners>
                <add name="myListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="c:\temp\DEVENV.LOG" />              
                <remove name="Default" />
              </listeners>
            </trace>
        </system.diagnostics>
    </configuration>
  • This file usually resides under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE directory (don't forget to make a backup copy before modifying it).
  • Start Visual Studio with the log switch: /Log (devenv.exe) which could also provide more info on the error.
  • Attaching to the "problematic" devenv.exe with another Visual Studio instance in order to pinpoint where the error occurs is another option.
  • check the event viewer logs for any logs that could provide more info. 

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH TELERIK REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Oct 2012, 02:26 PM
Similar problem started happening today. I use VS2012 though and it crashes every single time when I enter the Expression Editor. 
I have created the log file according to the instruction, just to find out I can't attach it here. Please let me know if you need it.
Hoping to resolve this soon...

PS: Don't know if help, but this happened after I have opened another project with a Telerik report and copied Report items (nested lists) over from it. The expression editor in the other project still works, but the one in the main project keeps crashing VS.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Oct 2012, 04:52 PM
Hi Kenneth,

We will appreciate if you send us the problematic project or a sample that reproduces the issue so we can review it locally and debug the problem.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH TELERIK REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Oct 2012, 09:10 AM
Hi Steve,

The problem went away either by restarting the computer or repairing the Telerik installation or some other updates. Not sure which one has worked... If it happens again, I'll let you know.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 11:58 PM
The visual studio 2010 Ultimate keep crashing after upgrading report tools fro Q2 2012 to Q1 2013... It happens when try to change format of a cell within a table on random basis. Cheers
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2012, 11:31 AM
Hi John,

We cannot reproduce such a problem locally and the fact it happens on random basis, means there is something specific causing the problem. If you continue to encounter this problem, please provide us with the requested logs from our previous post, so we can review it and advise you.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2012, 02:54 AM
Thank you Steve,

I think the Q1 2013 reporting plugin has some issue with Visual studio 2010 Ultimate or other plugins. I have uninstalled it and installed Q2 2012 and visual studio not crashing any more. 
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2012, 08:58 AM
Hi John,

We cannot work with guesses and we would need the logs we requested in order to identify whether there is a problem and what this problem is.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jan 2013, 02:54 AM
I am having the same issue. I'm running Windows 8 Pro, VS 2012, and when I right click a field on my report and choose "Expression" I get the following error in my Windows event log. What can I do?
------------------------------------------------
Application: devenv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Stack:

Server stack trace: 
   at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.get_ReturnType()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Expressions.FunctionLoader.IsValid(MethodInfo methodInfo)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Expressions.FunctionLoader.<GetFunctions>d__1.MoveNext()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Expressions.FunctionLoader.LoadFrom(IEnumerable`1 methods)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Expressions.FunctionLoader.LoadFrom(Assembly assembly)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportExpressionContext..ctor(Type reportType)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.CategoryAdapter.CreateHierarchy(IDesignerHost host, Boolean isFieldsTreeVisible)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.ExpressionBuilderDialog.LoadCategories(IDesignerHost host)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(System.Object, System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.ExpressionBuilderDialog+LoadCategoriesDelegate.EndInvoke(System.IAsyncResult)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.ExpressionBuilderDialog.OnLoadCategoriesComplete(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jan 2013, 09:58 AM
Hi Tom,

From the provided stack trace it seems that the problem occurs while trying to load an user function and it cannot locate the assembly in which the user function is located. Do you have custom user functions in your project and have you added all needed references? Can you reproduce the crash in a clean project with no user functions?

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jan 2013, 07:57 PM
I tried it in a new project and it worked fine. Then I tried adding a new report to the same project where I get the error, and that new report worked fine. The original report in the same project still give the error.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to copy one element at a time from the bad report to the good report to see if any particular element is causing the issue? I'd hate to have to rebuild each report this happens on.

Update: Ha! I figured it out. I had originally had Report Parameters, then realized later that I didn't need them, so delete them. Well, something was still looking for them because when I added them back in, all is well. I can get to the expression editor now.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2013, 07:48 AM
Hello Tom,

We're glad you were able to move on pass the VS crash, however we're still not able to reproduce this in our local tests. Can you isolate the problem in a report/project that you can send us for investigation?

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jan 2013, 06:18 PM
Steve,

I am having a very similar issue as Tom was having.  I have a report that when ever I try to view it in preview mode visual studio crashes.  I have rebooted and even changed the queries to limit the results and still no luck.

I am using visual studio premium and telerik reporting version 6.2.13.110

In the visual studio log file I am getting an assembly resolution failed which I am not sure if it is the issue or not.

Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the log output from visual studio:

VSA: FxCopHelper: Install FxCop Resolver
devenv.exe Information: 0 : FxCopHelper:VSA:Install FxCop Resolver
VSA: FxCopHelper: FxCop Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxCop\FxCopCmd.exe
devenv.exe Information: 0 : FxCopHelper:VSA:FxCop Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxCop\FxCopCmd.exe
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackageinitialize
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackageinitialize
Entering Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.PowerTools.AlertsEditorFactory constructor
Entering constructor for: Telerik.CommonPackage.Telerik_CommonPackagePackage
Entering Initialize() of: Telerik.CommonPackage.Telerik_CommonPackagePackage
Entering constructor for: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.VsPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.VsPackage
ToolboxInstaller::GetVsVersion VS RegistryRoot HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0
Entering constructor for: Microsoft.DocWellBehavior.DocWellBehaviorPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.DocWellBehavior.DocWellBehaviorPackage
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Retrieving licence for SQL Connect 1.0 7a4050f7-2ae2-4bf4-97e9-7b8eac06d802
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Machine hash is local
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Local machine hash is A668-4AC5-EB52-8EFE
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Registry licence activated
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Activation file exists and matches
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Persisting
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Product SQL Connect
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Activated True
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Edition standard
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Serial Number 512-005-182955-CC68
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Blob 7a4050f7-2ae2-4bf4-97e9-7b8eac06d802
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Hash 9593-9015-EB52-5E4E
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Trial Tampered
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Expires 0001/01/01 12:00:00 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Extended False
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Installed 2012/07/31 03:21:23 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : First Used 2012/08/01 03:41:33 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Last Used 2013/01/18 06:02:09 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Stored to registry
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Retrieving licence for SQL Connect 1.0 7a4050f7-2ae2-4bf4-97e9-7b8eac06d802
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Product SQL Connect
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Activated False
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Edition
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Serial Number
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Blob 7a4050f7-2ae2-4bf4-97e9-7b8eac06d802
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Hash A668-4AC5-EB52-8EFE
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Trial Expired
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Expires 2012/08/28 03:21:23 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Installed 2012/07/31 03:21:23 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : First Used 2012/07/31 03:21:23 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Last Used 2013/01/18 06:02:09 UTC
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.29.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.29.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.29.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.29.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
log4net:WARN XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Unable to set property [securityContext] on object [log4net.Appender.FileAppender] using value [log4net.Util.NullSecurityContext.Instance] (with acceptable conversion types)
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Retrieving licence for SQL Prompt 5.0 BlobS
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Product SQL Prompt
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Edition professional
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Serial Number 512-005-182955-CC68
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Blob BlobS
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Hash 9593-9015-EB52-5E4E
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Installed 2012/07/30 07:13:14 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : First Used 2012/07/30 07:13:14 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Last Used 2013/01/18 06:02:12 UTC
log4net:WARN XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Unable to set property [securityContext] on object [log4net.Appender.FileAppender] using value [log4net.Util.NullSecurityContext.Instance] (with acceptable conversion types)
Exception :Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))
Exception :Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamArchitect.DesignersCommon.DesignersCommonPackage
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Visual Studio Version: 10.0
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Visual Studio Version: 10.0
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Loading plugins.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Loading plugins.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.DebugEventsListener initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.DebugEventsListener initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.VsSolutionEventsListener initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.VsSolutionEventsListener initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.PopupManager initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.PopupManager initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.VsDocumentEventsListener initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.VsDocumentEventsListener initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.FxCopAchievements.FxCopManager initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.FxCopAchievements.FxCopManager initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.SrcAchievementsCommon.SourceAnalyzer initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.VSAchievementsPackage:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.SrcAchievementsCommon.SourceAnalyzer initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Information: VSCommands is up to date [10.3.9.12]
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Information:
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Information: Web    : http://vscommands.squaredinfinity.com
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Information: Twitter: http://twitter.com/vscommands
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Information: Email  : support@vscommands.com
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Starting
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Starting
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.InvokePerformanceTools initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.InvokePerformanceTools initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.GenerateMethod10Achievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.GenerateMethod10Achievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.LoadCustomVSSettings initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.LoadCustomVSSettings initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.UsedOrganizedUsings50Achievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.UsedOrganizedUsings50Achievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.InvokeAnIntelliTraceMenu10 initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.InvokeAnIntelliTraceMenu10 initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.MoreThan2StartupProjects initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.MoreThan2StartupProjects initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.InvokeASeqDiagramMenu initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.InvokeASeqDiagramMenu initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.Breakpoint10InOneFile initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.Breakpoint10InOneFile initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.ViewedAProjectsUML initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.ViewedAProjectsUML initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.MinutesToBuild10 initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.MinutesToBuild10 initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.ProjectInSolutionAchievements50 initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.ProjectInSolutionAchievements50 initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.PrintSourceCode initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.ProjectAchievements.PrintSourceCode initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.FxCopAchievementRules.MoreThan20LongLocalAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.FxCopAchievementRules.MoreThan20LongLocalAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.FxCopAchievementRules.CountClassInheritanceLevelAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.FxCopAchievementRules.CountClassInheritanceLevelAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.SrcAchievements.CurseWords5Achievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.SrcAchievements.CurseWords5Achievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.SrcAchievements.Pragmas5Achievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.SrcAchievements.Pragmas5Achievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.ItsMyPartyAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.ItsMyPartyAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PerformancePowerAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PerformancePowerAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.GameInTheCloudAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.GameInTheCloudAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.WriteOnceRunAnywhereAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.WriteOnceRunAnywhereAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.SpecifyQueueVisibilityTimeoutAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.SpecifyQueueVisibilityTimeoutAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.UsingServiceBusAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.UsingServiceBusAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PhoneInTheCloudAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PhoneInTheCloudAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.UnionJackAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.UnionJackAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServerAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServerAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServer10Achievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServer10Achievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.UsingPageBlobAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.UsingPageBlobAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.DesktopDebutanteAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.DesktopDebutanteAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.ShowMeTheCacheAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.ShowMeTheCacheAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.DatabaseDarlingAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.DatabaseDarlingAchievement initialized.
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.IntellitraceRocksAchievement initialized.
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.Core.AchievementManager:VSA:Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.IntellitraceRocksAchievement initialized.
DPStudio.VSCommands, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b2eb7b1f23e71d09
WPFToolkit.Extended, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b2eb7b1f23e71d09
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Retrieving licence for .NET Reflector 7.0 {e98f8b72-5661-4cb3-a55d-396329818822}
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Product .NET Reflector
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Edition VSPro
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Serial Number 024-002-144408-8994
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Blob {e98f8b72-5661-4cb3-a55d-396329818822}
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Hash BD34-9015-EB52-5891
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Installed 2011/10/27 02:54:36 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : First Used 2011/10/27 03:03:30 UTC
devenv.exe Information: 0 : Last Used 2013/01/18 06:02:34 UTC
Entering constructor for: Microsoft.VsWizards.ImportProjectFolderWizard.NewProjectFromExistingPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.VsWizards.ImportProjectFolderWizard.NewProjectFromExistingPackage
QuickAccess has completed all background indexing.
Entering constructor for: Microsoft.VSProjectPlus.AddReferencePackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.VSProjectPlus.AddReferencePackage
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServerAchievement: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0)
   at Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServerAchievementBase.GetIVsCfgs(IVsHierarchy hierarchy)
devenv.exe Error: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServerAchievement:VSA:Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0)
   at Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServerAchievementBase.GetIVsCfgs(IVsHierarchy hierarchy)
VSA: Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServer10Achievement: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference
devenv.exe Error: 0 : Coding4Fun.VSAchievements.AzureAchievements.PublishToAzureProductionServer10Achievement:VSA:Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be

*** ReportProcessor.ProcessReport STARTED ***

*** ProcessReport #0 STARTED ***

*** Report Processing STARTED ***

IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2013, 12:43 PM
Hello Doug,

Since you are having the same issue as Tom can you check if copying your items in a new report solves your issue? If not please investigate further which item is causing this exception. Please also note that improperly editing the code by hand can cause such issues.

Also please have in mind that such exceptions can occur if you have multiple projects and one of them is unloaded - your solution will be able to build (Visual Studio optimization), but the types will be missing and therefore when our reporting engine tries to use them an exception will be thrown.

Regards,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jan 2013, 03:16 PM
Guys, I actually don't have a solution. It still happens intermittently to me. If I come up with a reliable way to reproduce the issue, I'll post it, but at this point, I'm not hopeful.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2013, 03:26 PM
Hi guys,

We have identified a possible unhandled exception in some specific solutions where you have projects unloaded, but nevertheless your solution will be able to build (Visual Studio optimization). In that case the types will be missing and therefore when our reporting engine tries to use them an exception will be thrown. We've addressed this problem now and the fix would be part of the upcoming internal build this week.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

MN
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm using VS2010 and Telerik Q2 2012 (6.1.12.823). Whenever I go to Expression Editor, VS crushes. I have JustCode installed too. Any help? 

Windows Error:

Application: devenv.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidCastException

Stack:

Server stack trace:

at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.NativeMethods.IAssemblyCache.QueryAssemblyInfo(UInt32 dwFlags, String pszAssemblyName, IntPtr pAsmInfo)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.IsAssemblyInGAC(String assemblyNameWithArchitecture)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.IsAssemblyInGAC()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.get_Assembly()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.Search(String fullName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Boolean allowPrivate, Assembly& assembly, String description)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.Search(String fullName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly, String description)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchNormalEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly, Boolean fastSearch)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Assembly& assembly, ReferenceType refType)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ReferenceType refType)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name)

at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.GetType(String typeName)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.VisualStudio.VsInterop.DTEProjectItem.<>c__DisplayClass1.<GetTypes>b__0(CodeElement codeElement)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.VisualStudio.VsInterop.CodeElementVisitor.Visit(CodeElements codeElements)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.VisualStudio.VsInterop.CodeElementVisitor.Visit(ProjectItem projectItem)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.VisualStudio.VsInterop.DTEProjectItem.GetTypes(IDesignerHost host, Boolean recursive, TypeSearchCallback searchCallback)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.VisualStudio.ReportTypeResolver.GetReportType(IDesignerHost host)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.CategoryAdapter.CreateHierarchy(IDesignerHost host)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.ExpressionBuilderDialog.LoadCategories(IDesignerHost host)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(System.Object, System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.ExpressionBuilderDialog+LoadCategoriesDelegate.EndInvoke(System.IAsyncResult)

at Telerik.Reporting.Design.Common.ExpressionBuilder.ExpressionBuilderDialog.OnLoadCategoriesComplete(System.IAsyncResult)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(System.Object)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Error Log:
Entering constructor for: Infragistics.ColorTuner.ColorTunerPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Infragistics.ColorTuner.ColorTunerPackage
ToolboxInstaller::GetVsVersion VS RegistryRoot HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0
ToolboxInstaller registry:
 Software\Telerik\Reporting\ToolboxInstaller
 Software\Telerik\Reporting\ToolboxInstallerCache\10.0
Entering Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.PowerTools.AlertsEditorFactory constructor
Entering constructor for: Telerik.VSX.UserSettingsPackage.UserSettingsPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Telerik.VSX.UserSettingsPackage.UserSettingsPackage
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.VSX.Shell.resources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.VSX.Shell.resources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.VSX.Shell.resources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.VSX.Shell.resources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.2012.2.0903.1135, Version=2012.2.903.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CommonLanguageModel, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Xml, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Css, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.JavaScript, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Less, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CommonLanguageModel.UI, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CommonLanguageModel.Extensions, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Xaml, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.Engine, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigation.Decompile.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigation.Decompile.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigation.Decompile.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigation.Decompile.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.Theme.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.Theme.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.Theme.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.Theme.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.2012.3.1404.1135, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.2012.3.1404.1135, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.2012.3.1404.1135, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.QuickFixes.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.QuickFixes.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.QuickFixes.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.QuickFixes.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigations.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigations.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigations.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeNavigations.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeStyleSettings.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeStyleSettings.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeStyleSettings.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CodeStyleSettings.resources, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.UserInterface.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.26.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.26.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.26.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.resources, Version=3.26.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Entering constructor for: Infragistics.VersionUtility.VisualStudio.VersionUtilityPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Infragistics.VersionUtility.VisualStudio.VersionUtilityPackage
Entering constructor for: Infragistics.VersionUtility.VisualStudio.VersionUtilityPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Infragistics.VersionUtility.VisualStudio.VersionUtilityPackage
=================================================================================
BEGIN::Entering constructor for: Microsoft.VisualStudio.WindowsPhone.MktPlaceIntegration.MktPlaceIntegrationPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.VisualStudio.WindowsPhone.MktPlaceIntegration.MktPlaceIntegrationPackage
Entering constructor for: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Services.Design.Package.VsPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Services.Design.Package.VsPackage
Entering Constructor of Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Services.Design.Package.DataServicesProjectDocumentListener
Entering constructor for: Microsoft.SnippetDesigner.SnippetDesignerPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.SnippetDesigner.SnippetDesignerPackage
Entering Microsoft.SnippetDesigner.EditorFactory constructor
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.2012.3.1404.1135.resources, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.2012.3.1404.1135.resources, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.2012.3.1404.1135.resources, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.2012.3.1404.1135.resources, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.ModuleUserInterfaceComponentsHelpers, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.VS10Integration.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.VS10Integration.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.VS10Integration.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.VS10Integration.resources, Version=2013.1.219.5, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.Design.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Reporting.resources, Version=6.1.12.823, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be
Entering constructor for: Infragistics.ColorTuner.ColorTunerPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Infragistics.ColorTuner.ColorTunerPackage
ToolboxInstaller registry:
 Software\Telerik\Reporting\ToolboxInstaller
 Software\Telerik\Reporting\ToolboxInstallerCache\10.0
Entering constructor for: Telerik.VSX.UserSettingsPackage.UserSettingsPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Telerik.VSX.UserSettingsPackage.UserSettingsPackage
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.2012.2.0903.1135, Version=2012.2.903.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CommonLanguageModel, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Xml, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Css, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.JavaScript, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Less, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CommonLanguageModel.UI, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.CommonLanguageModel.Extensions, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.LanguageFrontend.Xaml, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.JustCode.Engine, Version=2013.1.213.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.2012.3.1404.1135, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.2012.3.1404.1135, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Assembly resolution failed: Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.2012.3.1404.1135, Version=2012.3.1404.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
Entering Dispose() of: Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.VsPackage

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2013, 08:47 AM
Hi,

As mentioned in our last reply in this thread, we found a culprit that could cause this problem and have fixed it. Our advise is to upgrade to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

See what's new in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013. Register for the March 4 webinar to witness the impressive new visualizations in Telerik Reporting. Just for fun, 10 webinar attendees will be randomly selected to win a Telerik T-shirt and a $50 Gift Certificate to ThinkGeek. Register now! Seats are limited!

Carlos Carvalho
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2013, 04:21 PM
Hi.
I'm having this exact same issue in Q2 2013, so I guess the issue wasn't completely fixed. Did it resolve the issue for everybody else?
Carlos.
Across
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2013, 07:23 PM
I'm having the same problem.

I've attached the VS (where it's  running the project) at another VS, And i got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Across.CCH.Entity, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ...

That DLL is from my Entity project.

What i tried so far:

1 - Registered that DLL on GAC ( i know, that doesn't make sense but i had to try :) )
2 - Copied DLL to Report Folder  and Telerick Bin Folder

My Telerik Version is 6.1.12.823.
Edit: Same problem with new version.

Tks.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2013, 12:18 PM
Hello,

@Carlos: We will need additional information in order to further investigate the unexpected behavior you have experienced: 

1. Try the same on another machine to exclude machine specific problems i.e. corrupted VS installation.
  2. Provide us with logs from VS after the crash occurs. Turn on the tracing of the VS IDE and perform the actions that cause the crash. Below is the XML you need to add to the devenv.exe.config file:
    <?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.diagnostics>
            <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
              <listeners>
                <add name="myListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="c:\temp\DEVENV.LOG" />            
                <remove name="Default" />
              </listeners>
            </trace>
        </system.diagnostics>
    </configuration>
    This file usually resides under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio XX.0\Common7\IDE directory (don't forget to make a backup copy before modifying it).
  3. Start Visual Studio with the log switch: /Log (devenv.exe) which could also provide more info on the error.
  4. Attaching the Debugger to the "problematic" devenv.exe with another Visual Studio instance in order to pinpoint where the error occurs is another option.
  5. Check the event viewer logs for any logs that could provide more info.

@Across: Please upgrade your Telerik Reporting installation to Q2 2013 SP1 and let us know if you still experience the error.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Carlos Carvalho
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2013, 03:46 PM
Hi.
I've removed the 2010 reporting from the pc, reinstalled Q2 2013  and its working fine now.
Thanks.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2013, 08:10 AM
I experience similar Visual Studio crashes when editing the Bindings collection using the report designer using the latest reporting version Q2 2013 SP1, 7.1.13.802. 
I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64 with Visual Studio 2010 SP1.

Chris.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2013, 04:04 PM
Hello Chris,

We will need additional information in order to further investigate the unexpected behavior you have experienced: 
  1. Try the same on another machine to exclude machine specific problems i.e. corrupted VS installation.
  2. Provide us with logs from VS after the crash occurs. Turn on the tracing of the VS IDE and perform the actions that cause the crash. Below is the XML you need to add to the devenv.exe.config file:
    Copy Code
    <?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.diagnostics>
            <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
              <listeners>
                <add name="myListener"type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"initializeData="c:\temp\DEVENV.LOG" />            
                <remove name="Default" />
              </listeners>
            </trace>
        </system.diagnostics>
    </configuration>
    This file usually resides under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio XX.0\Common7\IDE directory (don't forget to make a backup copy before modifying it).
  3. Start Visual Studio with the log switch: /Log (devenv.exe) which could also provide more info on the error.
  4. Attaching the Debugger to the "problematic" devenv.exe with another Visual Studio instance in order to pinpoint where the error occurs is another option.
  5. Check the event viewer logs for any logs that could provide more info.
Regards,
Peter
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2013, 10:34 AM
Hello,

The problem seems to be solved after fixing a missing reference to a custom user report function.
Thanks Steve for the hint.
Chris
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Kenneth