This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VC# Express 2008 Usage

3 Answers 36 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Helmut asked on 11 Aug 2008, 01:02 PM
the license delivered with the version downloaded from the MS registration side says that it is a trial license.

Is this true?
can i just build demo versions with it, which i'm not allowed to distribute?

thanks,

Helmut

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2008, 08:18 AM
Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your question.

The RadRibbonBar version that can be downloaded from the Registration Benefits portal should be a fully-functional royalty free version - it is not a trial version. I just checked the site (https://connect.microsoft.com/downloads/downloads.aspx?SiteID=40) to make sure that everything is ok.

Please, check your registration page again and let me know if indeed it says that you are downloading a trial version. If so, please, send me the link and the text you see so that we can check the reason for this.

All the best,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Vassil,

thanks for the quick response.
I'm referring to the license agreement displayed by the Windows Installer.

I've copied out the first part of it. Point 1. mentions the term Trial License. THis lead me to the asumption that it is a trial only.

--------
I. GRANT OF LICENSE
TELERIK hereby grants to you, and you accept, a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to install, copy, use and modify the SOFTWARE only as authorized below.
This license grants you no rights to the "2007 Microsoft Office System User Interface". For appropriate license, please, contact Microsoft directly.
1. TRIAL LICENSE
You are granted a license for evaluation purposes only. You are authorized to install, copy, and use the SOFTWARE for the sole purpose of testing its functionality. You are not allowed to integrate it in end products or use it for any commercial purpose.
2. DEVELOPER LICENSE
----------------
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2008, 12:22 PM
I see, thank you for this, Helmut.

We use a common license agreement for trial and developer versions of our tools. The license that you get with this offer is the Developer royalty-free license.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Cheers,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1