This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Validation IDataErrorInfo 2019.1 problem when the cell is not visible

3 Answers 101 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1
Javier asked on 15 Mar 2019, 11:45 AM

We are using the validation IDataErrorInfo in my Gridviews and with the version 2019.1 when the cell that generates the error is hiding with the property isVisible in the xaml, or making the window smaller and hiding the column in which the cell that generates the error is , the error mark  and row color disappears in the rows that generate it.

With the previous versions this did not happen.

I have verified that this courre with the example of the sdk ValidationIDataErrorInfo.

Waiting for a response

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2019, 11:15 AM
Hello Javier,

Thank you for the provided description.

I was able to reproduce the described scenario in the ValidationIDataErrorInfo SDK example. I have logged it in our feedback portal where you can track its progress: GridView: Row becomes valid when its invalid cells get out of the viewport. You can follow the item in order to get notified for any developments. I have also updated your telerik points as a small token of gratitude for bringing this to our attention. 

Currently, as a workaround I can suggest switching to INotifyDataErrorInfo or DataAnnotations validation. You can take a look at the ValidationINotifyDataErrorInfo for an example with the first type.

Don't hesitate to contact us again, if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Vladimir Stoyanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2019, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the response:

With the INotifyDataErrorInfo interface, when the option of the IsVisible = false property is set, the tooltip that shows us the error message disappears, something that should also be checked in the IDataErrorInfo interface.

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2019, 02:09 PM
Hello Javier,

The described results seems like it is the expected behavior. I tested a similar scenario with a simple Button and its ToolTip is removed when its Visibility is set to Collapsed.

On a side note, please allow me to state that working directly with visual elements such as GridViewCells or GridViewRows is not recommended as it could interfere with the UI Virtualization mechanism of the control. You can read more about that in the corresponding article in our documentation.

If you need any further assistance, may I kindly ask you to open a new support ticket and send over a sample project demonstrating your scenario? This will allow us to investigate it and better assist you.

Regards,
Vladimir Stoyanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1