This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Validation Adornment and Collapsed Expander

1 Answer 28 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Reilly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Reilly asked on 17 Apr 2018, 10:49 AM

In the attached very simple project, the main window has a single RadExpander containing a single RadNumericUpDown control. The Viewmodel adds a validation rule which always sets the only property (MyValue) as failed. (I tried to attach files but your system no longer lets me!)

When the RadExpander.IsExpanded property is set to false (as in the attached code), and you then expand it, you'll see the RadNumericUpDown appears normally, without any validation error adornment.

If you change RadExpander.IsExpanded property in the xaml to true and you run, you'll see the RadNumericUpDown has the validation error adornment and shows the error tooltip.

Why? If you use either Snoop or the VS tools, you'll see that the RadNumericUpDown has the error in both cases.

I'm using 2017.3.1018.45 on Win 10 x64.

Thanks.
-John.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2018, 10:05 AM
Hello John,

I already contacted you in the other forum.

Could you please keep the communication on this topic in a single thread? Generally, this will allow the forum users to easier find an answer to their question and also it will help us to better organize the forum.

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Reilly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or