This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using Themes from Q1-2010 in Q2-2010?

3 Answers 47 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andreas_SQL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andreas_SQL asked on 27 Oct 2010, 07:51 AM

Hello,

well I hope you understand my bad english...

We have migrated our RadControl Suite for WinForms from Q1-2010 to Q2-2010.

Under Q1 we implement a application, using the Office2007Black Theme. After the upgrade of our source to the Q2-Controls, the "Style" of the Office2007Black Theme is diffrent to the Q1-Version. We suspect, you changed the global Style. For example the document buttons in the document- or toolWindow are diffrent (screenshot from old theme). Well our useres love the "old" Black Style :-) 

Is there a way of, to use the the old Telerik.WinControls.Themes.Office2007Black.dll in Q2, or it is possible to extract the Style to xml, for using in the new StyleBuilder?

Thanks, and greeting form germany

Andreas

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the question.

You can have the style that you want. In order to apply it, you should use the Office2007Black xml theme files used in Q1 2010. I am attaching a sample project which contains the desired files. However, please note that the theme in these files is created according to the old styling rules. The new Visual Style Builder loads and modifies only themes created according to the new theming mechanism. In case you want to modify the current Office2007Black theme, you can follow the steps provided in this article.

I would suggest that you try to achieve the old look by modified the current Office2007Black theme. Generally, our controls support both the old and the new styling mechanism, but you may experience some issues due to changes in the architecture and layout of some controls.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Andreas_SQL
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 11:25 AM

Hi, Nikolay

thanx, it's work very fine!

Now, we have new controls in the old style :-)

Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 04:51 PM
Hello Andreas,

I am glad to hear that my response was helpful. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Andreas_SQL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Andreas_SQL
Top achievements
Rank 1