This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

URGENT: Param bug returned in 2010

1 Answer 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martin P
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin P asked on 26 Mar 2010, 09:28 PM
Dear Telerik support, the bug I reported back in 2008 (possible bug in params - Martin P - Posted on Aug 19, 2008)  seems to be back in Q1 2010, when rendered in the web reportview and a trailing space exists an error is shown  "invalid value. - Parameters: One or moreparameters are not set or have invalid values"

In a multi-value parameter ddl if just the value with a trailing space is selected you get the error but what is much worse is if all the ddl values are selected and preview is pressed the report displays but has automatically de-selected the param with the trailing space and displayed the data minus any calc which would've been taken into account from the missing val.  You get no errors so do not know the report is incorrect.

As previously reported "An easy fix to place an RTRIM() in the dataset but think this is a bug an caught me out completely." AGAIN!!

I'm disappointed this has happened again and my client has been working with incorrect figures based on the reports

Regards
Martin

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 12:01 PM
Hello Martin P,

Unfortunately you're correct and we were able to reproduce the problem on our end. I've reopened the issue in our bug tracking system and we would do our best to address this for subsequent internal build or service pack.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience. Your Telerik points have been updated for bringing this to our attention once again.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Martin P
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or