This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgraded to most recent version from a 2016 version and can't get the icons to display

2 Answers 50 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 07 Aug 2018, 05:12 PM

I ran the upgrade wizard to upgrade my telerik version to 2018.2.620 from the Q2 2016 version. However, after the upgrade none of the grid icons are showing up. 

I'm using the bootstrap theme. 

In my content folder I have a kendo directory with folders for Bootstrap, fonts, images, textures and the kendo.bootstrap.min.css and kendo.common-bootstrap.min.css files. I've included a screen shot of the folder structure. 

The Scripts/kendo directory just has the kendo.all.min.js and kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js files. 

I have the following css and script file includes on the page:

<link href="~/Content/jquery-ui-1.11.4.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="~/Content/kendo/kendo.common-bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="~/Content/kendo/kendo.bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="~/Scripts/_lib/jquery-ui-1.11.4.min.js"></script>
<script src="~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.all.min.js"></script>
<script src="~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js"></script>

I've confirmed using the dev tools in Chrome and using Fiddler that there are no 404's, all the files are getting loaded into the page correctly. 

I'm not using any bundler at all. The page just has a Html.Kendo().Grid defined and practically nothing else. I tried removing everything else on the page but the grid, but that didn't help.

What am I missing?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Preslav
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2018, 11:33 AM
Hello Jon,

I checked the provided screencast and includes, and everything looks okay to me. Usually, the described faulty behavior is caused by the fact that glyph files are not present. This is explained here:
However, I see that everything is present on your side.

Having said that, could you please copy/paste the files in a new project? With this project, I will be able to replicate the issue, and this will help me fully understand the case, and I will be able to provide assistance to the best of my knowledge.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Preslav
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2018, 03:13 PM

Good idea, I should have done that already. With a new clean project the icons showed up. So, I dug into my project again, and I found a css include in the layout page that I had missed before. Inside it had this bit of css:

body, li, p, span {
    font-family: 'Gill Sans MT', serif !important;
}

and that was killing the icons. I removed the !important and now they are showing up as expected.

Thanks for the help!

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Preslav
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements