This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to Telerik Reporting Q2 2013 breaks input parameters

2 Answers 68 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew asked on 03 Jul 2013, 01:48 PM
I just upgraded to the Q2 2013 DLLs for reporting and find that the Telerik.Reporting.Report.ReportParameters Value property is not updated when the user changes an input parameter manually, always retaining its original value, whether blank or defaulted programmatically, This worked just fine before the upgrade, but has now broken all my reports.

Is this an actual bug or was there some change I need to make since upgrading to fix this problem? 
Thanks.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 02:15 PM
I've figured out what the problem was. In the Telerik.Reporting.Report.NeedDataSource event handler I was previously pulling values from the Telerik.Reporting.Report.ReportParameters collection, instead of casting the sender to Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report and pulling the values from the Parameters collection. This apparently worked in previous versions however. I guess at some point that was changed?
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2013, 04:33 PM
Hello Andrew,

We have always recommended to retrieve the report parameters values from the report events processing equivalent of the report. Generally the Telerik.Reporting.Report.ReportParameters collection parameter value is the parameter's default value.

For more details please take a look at the Using Report Events help article.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stef
Telerik team