This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to Q1 2013 causes compilation errors

3 Answers 121 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jonathan asked on 26 Feb 2013, 02:06 AM
see attached pics.  I updated reporting using the installation tool then upgraded the project.  the designer won't open and I can't compile.  Everything was fine before upgrade.  Ideas?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 03:10 AM
The problems are in a cross tab report.  I commented out the lines causing the compilation errors and I was able to compile and also get the designer working but of course the cross tabs don't work properly now.  Could you provide the code I could use to replace the errors manually in the designer .cs file So I can salvage the report?

thanks much
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 04:32 PM
Hi Jonathan,

The reason for the compilation errors is that there had been obsolete types which were completely removed in the latest Q1 2013 release. The changes are described in the release notes as 'obsolete types removed'. What is changed is the namespace of the types in which the word 'Data' is removed.

One approach to fix the errors is to open the designer.cs file and manually change the namespaces by replacing '.Data' with an empty string and the other is to downgrade the project to Q3 2012 version for instance and work with the designer - reopening the reports and making a small modification will automatically correct the code.

In general, obsolete properties are kept for a certain amount of time, so developers have time to react and update the report definitions according to the prompt messages and after that time the properties get removed so we can work further on the API.

Regards,
Stef
the Telerik team

See what's new in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013. Register for the March 4 webinar to witness the impressive new visualizations in Telerik Reporting. Just for fun, 10 webinar attendees will be randomly selected to win a Telerik T-shirt and a $50 Gift Certificate to ThinkGeek. Register now! Seats are limited!

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 05:18 PM
great thanks I'll give it a try.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by