This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade from V 2012.1.0326.40 to the lastst version

7 Answers 118 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Fouad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Fouad asked on 26 Sep 2017, 10:36 AM

Hello,

We're working on a WPF application that use Telerik wpf UI component version 2012.1.0326.40. 

So we wonder if you could easily upgrade to the lastest  WPF version?

Regards 

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2017, 07:29 AM
Hello Fouad,

To determine if any modification in your source code should be made, you can run the Telerik API Analyzer tool. Upon running the tool, you will be provided with all the changes found between both versions and you will be able to assess the necessary alterations.

Additionally, you can run the Project Upgrade Wizard to easily update the version of the controls your project uses.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should any further questions or concerns arise, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Fouad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Sep 2017, 08:01 AM

Thank you Mr; Dilyan for your reply.

However i can't install the Telerik Upgrade API Analyzer. it's say's that the System.Threading.Tasks.Dataflow.dll v 4.5.24.0 is missing in the gac. Any idea ?

I noticed also in web site that the analyser tool analyses only c# code. is XAML files are analysed too ?

Regards 

Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2017, 10:52 AM
Fouad,

Currently, the Telerik API Analyzer checks only C# code. 

As for the missing - you need to install the Microsoft Build Tools 2015. Please check this download page for a reference.

Regards,
Yoan
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Fouad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Oct 2017, 01:22 PM

Thanks for your replay Yoan,

Actually, when i open the telerik API analyser , and select the current and target version and i choose the solution , the analyser just shut down.

See attached Image.

regards 

Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2017, 12:26 PM
Fouad,

I've tried to reproduce the problem you report but to no avail. Can you please try a different version to compare? In this way, you will identify if the problem is in the version. This may help us to resolve the problem.

Regards,
Yoan
Progress Telerik
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2020, 03:33 PM

I have same issue "and select the current and target version and i choose the solution , the analyser just shut down."

So not very useful!

Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2020, 12:18 PM

Hi Dave,

Can you please re-install the UpgradApiAnalyzer and try again? Telerik Upgrade API Analyzer is a ClickOnce application and you can download the installation file directly from our site.

Please let me know about the result.

Regards,
Yoan
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Fouad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
Fouad
Top achievements
Rank 1