This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Update to 2017.2.504 (May 4 2017)

4 Answers 98 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sergio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sergio asked on 05 May 2017, 06:42 PM

Hello

I'm almost ending a project development that includes MVC 2017.1.233 ( Feb 23 2017)
If I just update to 2017.2.504 (May 4 2017) will I need to update the source code to make the application work with this new version ?
Only the DLL should be updated?  js and css too?
Best regards and tank you.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2017, 11:50 AM
Hello Sergio,

When updating a project all of the source code files should be updated as well including scripts, styles and content(images, icons):

http://docs.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/introduction#distribution-contents

Please have in mind that if the project is using the Visual studio IDE, the extension can be used for automatic update:

http://docs.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/vs-integration/upgrade-wizard

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 May 2017, 04:56 PM
Is there any way to retain the older version when updating? It always seems as if something goes awry when updating, so I'd like to keep the previous version in case of that.
Sergio
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 May 2017, 08:54 PM
Yes the wizard makes a backup for you, but you can manually copy to the project folder to make your own backup.  Finally to make it work I've had to update manually finally because my project structure is not very conventional for an MVC app. Everything worked great after the manual update, no problems at all. 
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 22 May 2017, 07:53 AM
Hello Joe,

As Sergio suggested, the backup can be made automatically by the Update Wizard and manually.

As the Wizard will have a checkbox for making a backup, we will advise to always make a backup with the Wizard and making a manual one can use for additional security.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sergio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1