Usually the upgrade is slow when Global Resources
are added to the project and the auto-sync
option is enabled in project's _references.js
I would suggest if possible to use the CDN
support that we provide. You could follow these steps to do this:
- Select your project in Solution Explorer and in the menu select Telerik -> UI for ASP.NET MVC -> Configure project
- On the Project Settings page check the Use CDN Support check box and click the Finish button
support will remove the kendo resources folders located under the Content
folders of your project and will greatly improve the speed of the update.
If you don't want or can't use the CDN
you can disable the _references.js auto-sync
option before running the upgrade.
You could also update the project manually by following these steps:
- Update the project's Kendo.Mvc.dll reference with the one from the new version. It's located in "[NewVersionInstallLocation]\wrappers\aspnetmvc\Binaries\[ProjectTargetMVCVersion]" folder.
- Update UI for ASP.NET MVC scripts by replacing the "Scripts\kendo\[OldVersion]" folder in your project with "Scripts\kendo\[NewVersion]" folder and place inside the contents of the "[NewVersionInstallLocation]\js\" directory.
- Update the content by replacing the "Content\kendo\[OldVersion]" folder in your project with "Content\kendo\[NewVersion]" folder and place inside the contents of the "[NewVersionInstallLocation]\styles\" directory.
- Update editor templates by replacing the "Views\Shared\EditorTemplates" folder in your project with the contents of the "[NewVersionInstallLocation]\wrappers\aspnetmvc\EditorTemplates\razor" directory.
- Finally update the references to Kendo scripts and content at the beginning of the _Layout.cshtml file by replacing the old version in the references' path with the new one. These references point to some of the scripts and content in the folders you updated in steps 2 and 3 so the path should be updated accordingly.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Telerik by Progress