This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Update from R1 2018 to R3 2020

1 Answer 41 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nuno
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nuno asked on 18 Jan 2021, 04:34 PM

Hello,

Today i have made an update from R1 2018 to R3_2020_SP1_14_2_20_1021_DEV and now all my reports does not behave as usual.

For instance, a simple data ItemDataBinding of a PictureBox to populate the phisical path of an image is not working ... 

Same thing to htmltextbox ... it is not puting the value with ItemDataBinding to the report.

Can you help me? What do you need from me to solve my situation?

This is my code, that in the version R3 worked:

Private Sub PictureBox3_ItemDataBinding(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles PictureBox3.ItemDataBinding

Dim item As Processing.ReportItemBase = DirectCast(sender, Processing.ReportItemBase)
        If IO.File.Exists(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("Images").ToString() & "cabecalho.PNG") Then
            PictureBox3.Value = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("Images").ToString() & "cabecalho.PNG"
        End If

End Sub

Private Sub HtmlTextBox12_ItemDataBinding(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles HtmlTextBox12.ItemDataBinding

Dim item As Processing.ReportItemBase = DirectCast(sender, Processing.ReportItemBase)
        If IO.File.Exists(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("Images").ToString() & "contrato_header.txt") Then

Dim fileReader As String
            fileReader = My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("Images").ToString() & "contrato_header.txt")
            HtmlTextBox12.Value = fileReader

End If
    End Sub

Thanks,

Nuno

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2021, 11:58 AM

Hello Nuno,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues after upgrade.

Basically, using the ItemDataBinding event is an approach that we do not recommend. Please, check the Report Events article and  Changes on items in report events are not applied KB article. If it is possible, please test to use Bindings as explained in the KB.

Note that, in such cases when our users want to upgrade from an older version, we advise following How to Upgrade an old project to the latest Telerik Reporting version KB article.

I hope this information helps you. Please, let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nuno
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Neli
Telerik team
Share this question
or