This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Update 7.0.13.220 cannot open designer anymore because of $this.SnapGridSize

2 Answers 178 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steven asked on 22 Feb 2013, 04:39 PM
I updated the Telerik Reporting yesterday and now I cannot open reports in designer.

The error was
Object of type "Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit" cannot be converted to type "Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit"

UPDATE: Now I'm getting the same resx issue for "Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSourceParameterCollection"

I create a new blank Telerik report to compare against an old blank report we have and I tracked it down to the following item in the Resource File.

OLD - Stops designer from working
<assembly alias="Telerik.Reporting" name="Telerik.Reporting, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" />
  <data name="$this.SnapGridSize" type="Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit, Telerik.Reporting">
    <value>0.1in</value>
  </data>

Version From Latest Update
<metadata name="$this.SnapGridSize" type="Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit, Telerik.Reporting, Version=7.0.13.220, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be">
  <value>0.1in</value>
</metadata>

Isn't the designer suppose to recognize this and auto convert the resx file for me.
All of our reports no longer work and I'll have to update everyone by hand.
I know this is just a designer used property, but are there any other changes that will break reports in production because it can no longer read the old resource file.

I've only been using the Telerik Reporting tools for the past 3 months and I like them allot, but there always seems to be a hick-up when an update comes out. I guess I'm going to have to put my IDE in a VM so that I can roll these back.

Were do we post bugs..  The public issue tracker only has "Suggest New" which I assume is for feature requests.  I'll also post under "My Account - Support Ticks"

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Steven,

The Upgrade Wizard upgrades all references to the chosen version including the .resx files. Please run it manually and check the output log at the end which would show whether the upgrade was successful or it has failed. One reason it would not update the .resx files is if they are read-only, so check this. If the update was successful, the new version should be automatically updated for all reports in the resx.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

See what's new in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013. Register for the March 4 webinar to witness the impressive new visualizations in Telerik Reporting. Just for fun, 10 webinar attendees will be randomly selected to win a Telerik T-shirt and a $50 Gift Certificate to ThinkGeek. Register now! Seats are limited!

Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 11:47 PM
I did not want to update my Reports to use the latest DLLs but perhaps something got mucked up on the way.

I've re-installed Q3 2012 SP1 and will address next time we have a window to update.

Thanks
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Steven
Top achievements