This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFC5891DACE (ucrtbase.dll) in Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

2 Answers 1655 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Abdechafi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Abdechafi asked on 17 Mar 2021, 08:24 AM

I'm trying to modify my reports using Telerik Report Designer R3 2020, but every time I got a Telerik has stopped working.

I opened a new instance in VS 2019 to debug the program and this what I got:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFC5891DACE (ucrtbase.dll) in Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2021, 04:12 PM

Hi Abdechafi,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. However, I believe it just means that the debugger is missing the required DLL symbol to debug the application. This is typically unrelated to Telerik and usually an operating system issue.

Let me provide additional troubleshooting steps for the Standalone Report Designer below. 

Troubleshooting Standalone Report Designer Crashes

First, use the designer configuration to generate a log of the crash. To do this add the following code to the Telerik.ReportDesigner.x86.exe.config and the Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe.config files which will enable tracing.

Note that the initializeData folder path must exist on the machine.

<system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
      <listeners>
        <add name="myListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="c:\temp\StandaloneDesigner.LOG" />              
        <remove name="Default" />
      </listeners>
    </trace>
</system.diagnostics>

Second, use the Fuslogvw.exe to ensure their are no assembly binding errors. To do this following Microsoft's fuslogvw.exe documentation. 

Wrapping Up

From your previous ticket with the missing Microsoft.mshtml issue, I suspect that you are using Telerik Reporting solely on a Windows Server machine. Can you confirm if this is the case? 

In the meantime, please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you for choosing Telerik Reporting.

Regards,

Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Abdechafi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 24 Mar 2021, 09:11 AM

Hello Eric R, 

Thank you for your reply, I'm using Windows 10 x64 not a Windows Server machine, so I think that the error is related to a missing DLL file.

I will check this.

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Abdechafi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Telerik team
Abdechafi