This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to use new report template in VS 2017

4 Answers 137 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 04 Jul 2018, 02:55 PM

Hi,

We currently have Telerik_Reporting_Q2_2015 and have recently upgraded to visual studio 2017.  I can edit existing reports but it seems I can not create a new one from scratch because there is no add new item template for telerik reports any more. 

How can I create a new telerik report in visual studio 2017 ?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2018, 03:04 PM
Hi Chris,

Telerik Reporting needs to be installed after Visual Studio. Otherwise we cannot register the report templates with Visual Studio.

Also, you need a version of Telerik Reporting which supports Visual Studio 2017. Telerik Reporting 2017 or newer is a safe bet here.

Regards,
Nasko
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2018, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to use my Telerik_Reporting_Q2_2015 with visual studio 2017? We have to buy an upgrade ? . I tried to reinstall the version I have but it gives no option of 2017. It only goes up to VS 2017
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2018, 03:19 PM
Hello Chris,

Telerik Reporting Q2 2015 was released in 2015, when Visual Studio 2017 was still not available. This is why it is not supported in older versions of the product.

Regards,
Nasko
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2018, 03:23 PM
So the only way is for us to pay for an upgrade to a new version? That seems a little unfair . We don't need new features we just want to use existing features in the newer version of visual studio. 
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1