No matter what I do I am unable to create a SQLDataSource.
I am using the latest Telerik Reporting Framework.
It creates a connection string and the string it creates is correct and it adds it to the App.Config.
It says connection succeeded when I test the connection.
However it says:
Unable to create SQLDataSource check your connection string.
Now, I realize that most development companies have a default message to show customers when the real error was too hard to actually program because most developers fear custom exceptions.
But in this case, the wizard just errors out and creates the Setting correctly and then doesn't create the sql data source.
Now here's how to reproduce it because I know if I don't tell you how to reproduce it you will take many days to get back to me.
1) Install Telerik Reporting Trial by itself no other features via the MSI.
2) Next Create a Standard .NET Class Library in .NET 4.7.2
3) Create The project name as NameOfTheApp.Reports
4) Create a folder called Reports
5) Create an empty app.config in the class library at the root of the class library project
6) Right click the Reports folder and Add New Item
7) Select Telerik Report Wizard
8) Select Table Template
9) From the Project or Current Data Sources Create A New SQLDataSource With Type Microsoft SQL Server Connection Type And Use
Windows Or Sql Username/Password Authentication, Select A Database With Stored Procedures.
10) Select Stored Procedure With A Mix Of DateTime and Other Parameters
11) Pass in 2018-07-05 or a date into the date field which would work in an actual query
12) No rows will return no matter what you do
13) Click Finish, and the result will be that there will be an error message complaining about the connection string being incorrect.
14) Even though the connection string is correct and Test Connection works, the datasource is not created, the report is not created and the String is added to the app.config and the settings.
What is the real error?