This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

UI Or Functionality Bug With Calendar Popup (2018.3.1016.45)

1 Answer 28 Views
DateTimePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
intellitechcorporation
Top achievements
Rank 1
intellitechcorporation asked on 18 Dec 2018, 02:30 PM

Having a weird issue with the calendar popup in DateTimePicker.  I previously had a bug in my date/time parsing algorithm where it was taking years in the present or near future (2018-2025) and parsing them as 1918-1925.  When you go in and attempt to fix this through the calendar control, you can't seem to correctly navigate to the 2000's.

Upon picking the 2010-2019 option in the first screenshot, it then takes you to the 1910-1919 collection.  In this case, the control's SelectedValue is being bound to a Nullable<DateTime> with the date already set before form initialization.  The property and object both implement the INotifyPropertyChanged interface/pattern.  As you can see, the calendar uses the Windows8Touch theme.

Thanks for any guidance that can be provided.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2018, 03:13 PM
Hello Kyle,

Thank you for the provided pictures. 

May I ask you some questions in order to better assist you? Can you share how you are changing the DisplayMode of the RadCalendar inside the popup to CenturyView? Since there is a datetime bound to the SelectedValue property of the RadDateTimePicker, the DisplayMode of the calendar should be Month by default. Additionally, can you elaborate a bit on the exact scenario and what you are trying to achieve (specifically the date/time parsing bug and the fix through the calendar control)? 

If you find it possible, you can create a sample project demonstrating your scenario, describe what you are trying to achieve and send it over in a new support ticket. This way we will be able to investigate the scenario and better assist you.

Regards,
Vladimir Stoyanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
DateTimePicker
Asked by
intellitechcorporation
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or