This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Trial Version Warning

2 Answers 279 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ken asked on 17 Jun 2018, 12:30 PM
I was using the trial version of Telerik UP WPF and have purchased the DevCraft Complete Developers License and installed it, but I'm still getting the warning that comes up that tells me I'm using the trial version and do I want to buy the dev version.  How do I get rid of this warning?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2018, 01:46 PM
Hello Ken,

Thank you for opening this thread.

As initially the project was created using the Trial version of the product (project references point to the Trial version of the assemblies), the popping message about evaluation copy is expected. Note the installation of the Purchased version will keep your project(s) unmodified. I would suggest you to use the Upgrade wizard in order to set the purchased version of the UI for WPF product in use. Additional information is available here: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/visual-studio-extensions/for-wpf-vs-extensions-upgrading
The following steps will guide you through the upgrade process:
  1. Launch the Upgrade wizard
  2. Proceed to the version selection page
  3. Select the latest version available, which contains the Dev (purchase) suffix in its name
  4. Complete the wizard
This will set your project(s) references to the purchased assemblies.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dyanko
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Darcy
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 16 May 2022, 09:11 PM

Hi I too am having this issue, I have attempted to run the update wizard several times but it doesn't seem to complete as I still get the Trial version message, and a popup saying to upgrade the extension.

What's the best way to resolve this?

Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
commented on 19 May 2022, 08:31 AM

Hi Darcy,

First, I would suggest you make sure that all the projects within your solution that use our controls are upgraded properly to the Dev version through the Upgrade wizard. Then you can manually check if the references in your projects are "Trial" by following those steps:

1. Open the project references in Visual Studio Solution Explorer
  2. Right-click on a Telerik reference
  3. Select the Properties option
  4. Open the Path property in File Explorer
  5. Right click on the .dll file, select Properties 
  6. Then open the Details tab
  7. Check File Description should contain "Trial" for the Trial version.

Please check this and get back to us if you need further assistance. I would suggest you open a private support ticket so we can continue the investigation there if needed.

Darcy
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 19 May 2022, 10:03 PM

HI, as noted the Upgrade wizard did not work. I forget the details of installing the trial version but perhapos I installed via Nuget and then purchased and installed the full version with the Progress Control Panel. This may have meant a disconnect with the VS extension. What I did to fix was:

Through the Solution Explorer I went Solution>Project>Dependencies>Packages, I right clicked the Telerik.UI.for.Wpf.50.Trial.Xaml and selected Remove.
Then I went to the VS tool bar and via Extensions>Telerik>Telerik UI for WPF>Add Telerik Nuget Package Reference.

In the popup window that opened I selected the Dev version and clicked continue.

I had to do that step twice as VS blocked the change the first time with the banner message:
"One or more projects ("[project].csproj") have been changed outside of the project system, and conflict with unsaved changes. the external changes have been discarded but have been saved in a backup file if you need to manually restore them"

Adding the Nuget reference a second time gets around this.

The trial version has now been replaced.

Thanks

Vera
Telerik team
commented on 23 May 2022, 10:30 AM

Hi Darcy,

I am glad to hear that you managed to resolve the problem. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in case you experience any other issues.

Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2018, 03:34 PM
Thanks!  That worked.
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by