This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Transparent Background

5 Answers 256 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rick Mueller
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rick Mueller asked on 31 Aug 2010, 07:47 PM
Hello,

I tried every which way to get the background transparent. I like the Black Office Headers. I have the foreground white. For some reason the backgound is still white

Any thoughts>?

Thanks
Rick Mueller

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2010, 01:58 PM
Hello Rick Mueller,

It would be greately appreciated if you  share with us a little bit more information which background in the GridView you want to modify and what would be the final result.

Regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Rick Mueller
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2010, 03:14 PM
Hello Vanya,

Sorry about the detail,
currently I have:
Background= Transparent
ColumnBackground= Transpartent
Style Mangager = Office_Black

I'm trying to have the foreground(Data)= White
And the grid transparent, with the Headers black with white font

Thanks

Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 06:47 AM
Hello Rick Mueller,

If you have already set the background of the GridView to be Transparent, I suppose that the background of your window remains white coloured and when the GridView background is transparent, you actually see the white colour.
Please see the attached example and let me know if this works for you.

All the best,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Rick Mueller
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 04:06 PM
Thank you Vanya,

It looks good, Thats what I had. I unbinded the Gridview and then it worked. Its only when I bind the Gridview it creates a grayish background. I'm Only binding the ItemsSource, I'm not binding the Grid which the Gridview is in with Data Context. I don't think it should make a difference.
Thoughts?
Thank you for your time,,
Regards,
RIck
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2010, 01:55 PM
Hi Rick Mueller,

At this point there is no way to know what is causing this. Could you please send us a sample which illustrates the issue so I can be of assistance.

All the best,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Rick Mueller
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
Rick Mueller
Top achievements
Rank 1