This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Touch Screen

3 Answers 81 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
Joel Palmer asked on 13 Jul 2015, 07:04 PM

I am using the TreeListView on an app that is used on a Touch Screen device.  I am getting some odd lockups.  Is there anything I need to know or consider when using a touch screen computer.

I'm using your Windows8Touch theme and it is a windows 8 OS.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jul 2015, 07:20 PM
Also, a more specific question... I'm trying to figure out if this is device-specific or if this is a common issue.  On Touch Screen, when I use the Stylus it highlights and gives the ToolTip and I can expand tree nodes.  However, when I click or double click on a node, I cannot select the node.  Then, to select the node successfully, I can use my finger and life is good.  Has this been tested?  I am using the xplore iX104 Windows 8 device.
Accepted
Vera
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2015, 08:18 AM
Hello Joel,

Please take a look at Touch Support help article for a reference. As for the problem you experience, could you please check the attached project and list some steps that I can follow in order to reproduce it?

Regards,
Vera
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jul 2015, 05:00 PM
I appreciate you looking into this and I'll look at your article.  However, we came across some specifications that showed the device manufacturer has their own drivers for hardware events because they have some programmable quick keys, etc.  This means they intercept touch screen events.  We notice Event Log errors pertaining to their driver software.  So, we are back to the device manufacturer to get this resolved.  I don't think it was a telerik control problem at this point.
Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
Vera
Telerik team