This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Touble printing with version 5.0.11.510

7 Answers 101 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 23 Jun 2011, 11:15 PM
********** Sorry, subject was supposed to say "Trouble ..." **********

Good afternoon,

I'm having difficulty with my VB.net 3.5 WPF application where printing with your WPF Report Viewer is no longer working since I've upgraded from version 5_0_11_316 to version 5_0_11_510.

Printing does work fine when printing from the deveoplmet computer that has Visual Studios 2010 and the latest installation (5_0_11_510) of your reporting system installed on it.

I build the application and publish it with no problems or errors flagged. There are also no runtime errors that occur. When I run the published application on a machine other than the developent computer, I load up the report view, the report loads fine, I then hit the print button and the print dialog opens. It can see all of the printers available to it, so I select print. Sadly, nothing happens from that point on other than the print dialog window closes.

Do you think I'm missing some kind of prerequisite or library reference with my application?

It's funny how the exact same program works when installed on the development machine (and when ran in debug mode in VS2010), but not on any other PC. I've tried this on several machines in my companies network, with different types of available printers (network, local etc), and I have the same results each time. I would just like to state that printing worked fine on all machines when I was using Telerik Reporting version 5_0_11_316.

The current telerik references that I have in my project are as follows:
  • Telerik.Reporting (v 5.0.11.510)
  • Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering (v 5.0.11.510)
  • Telerik.ReportViewer.WPF (v 5.0.11.510)
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls (v 2011.1.419.35)
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls.Date (v 2011.1.419.35)
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input (v 2011.1.419.35)
  • Telerik.Window.Controls.Navigation (v 2011.1.419.35)

Any suggestions that you may have is greatly appreciated. I need to try and get this fixed ASAP.
Thank you very much for your time.

Rob

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2011, 01:03 AM
Ok, I found I was missing a reference to Telerik.Windows.Data .

Not sure if this will do the trick, I will have to wait until tomorrow to try it on a machine that doesn't have the Reporting solution installed on it.

Any other comments are welcome.

Thank you.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2011, 09:53 AM
Ok, well that didn't do anything.

Any suggestions are very welcome.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2011, 02:19 PM
*** Another update ***

So I still can't figure this out, but I have noticed one thing in my project files.

If I browse to my project files \Project\bin\Release is see all of the .dll files that I have asked my project to reference. I decided to check the properties of the specific Telerik .dll files (by right clicking on the dll and selecting properties). If I view the details tab it quotes to me the previous version of telerik that I was using 5_0_11_316 and not 5_0_11_510.

If I check the \Project\bin\Debug folder then all of the reporting .dll files are quoting verison 5_0_11_510.

Do you think this is the cause of the problem I'm receiving? If so, how do you think I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Rob
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jun 2011, 02:08 PM

I've managed to get the reporting system to print again. There were several things that I identified, I'm not really sure which one of them was the cause I made all of the changes and then republished the application.

Telerik.Reporting.XpsRendering.dll
This wasn't referenced in my project. I also set the reference property 'Copy Local' to True.

Bin Debug & Release folders
For some reason the Telerik Reporting dll's in these folders were set to different versions. 5.0.11.316 was in Bin/Release and not 5.0.11.510 was in Bin/Debug, even though 5.0.11.510 was referenced in my VS project when I looked in the Solution Explorer.

Wizard Upgrade
I also did a Wizard upgrade again to see if that helped. It didn't fail this time, but I'm not sure if doing that was the solution to my problem.
Rayne
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 05:01 PM
I too am having trouble with this.  Ran the Upgrade Wizard (for reporting) again. It shows I'm using version 5.0.11.510 of Telerik.Reporting. WPF RAD controls version is 2011.2.712.40.
DLLs referenced include :
  • Telerik.Reporting
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input
  • Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation
  • Telerik.Windows.Data

My bin/Release is empty. Still publishing with Debug for testing. Not using XpsRendering. Could this be the problem?

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2011, 02:47 PM
Hi guys,

@Robert: it is the missing reference to Telerik.Reporting.XpsRendering.dll that is the cause for the problem as it is used for the printing from WPF viewer. If you check the Deploying Applications using Telerik Reporting help section, you would notice that this assembly is not mandatory for any other project/viewer, but the WPF one: Deploying WPF Applications.
@Rayne: Version 5.0.11.510 of Telerik Reporting is Q1 2011 SP1, while version 2011.2.712.40 of RadControls for WPF is Q2 2011. The easiest thing to do would be to upgrade Telerik Reporting to Q2 2011 release or if you decide to stick with the current version add binding redirects as explained in the How to: Add report viewer to a WPF application help article. Do not forget to include the Telerik.Reporting.XpsRendering.dll assembly as explained above.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Rayne
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks. I upgraded to Q2, then used the Wizard to update my solution. Added the reference to the XpsRendering dll and it worked. My user can now print.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rayne
Top achievements