This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

the webapi controller action for /clients/[object%20Object]/parameters 404 (Not Found)

6 Answers 2412 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Donald
Top achievements
Rank 1
Donald asked on 19 Feb 2014, 05:35 PM
When I try to use the html 5 report viewer, it attempts to hit the following URL.

http://localhost:58924/api/TelerikReports/clients/[object%20Object]/parameters

it returns 404 (Not Found)

If I open the link in the browser I get the following error.

<Error><Message>The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'.</Message></Error>

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2014, 04:54 PM
Hi Donald,

Please refer to my post in this forum thread: Reporting Html5 Viewer - POST parameter name undefined.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Donald
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2014, 08:54 PM
I am getting this error message, and still seems to show the wrong information.
POST http://localhost:58924/api/TelerikReports/clients/[object%20Object]/instances 410 (Gone)
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2014, 09:28 AM
Hello Donald,

Please test the following:
  1.  Download Telerik Reporting Q3 2013 SP1 version 7.2.14.12;
  2. Use the Upgrade Wizard to update the project references to Telerik Reporting. Verify DLLs are updated successfully;
  3. Manually locate the ReportViewer-x.x.x.x.js(css) and viewer's html template files and substitute them with the new files installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q3 2013\Html5;
  4. Find the links to the files listed in Step3 and update them to point to the new files;
  5. Check for Newtosoft.Json.dll in the GAC - if it is there, remove it.
  6. Update the Newtosoft.Json.dll by updating the Json Nuget package to the latest official release.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Donald
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I created a brand new project and now I am no longer getting the [object%20Object] issue, I am getting another issue where it says javascript is throwing a "Uncaught No report instance." and the report just says report loading....

I know if finds the report, because it hits a break point in the report constructor.
Donald
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2014, 06:27 PM
I figured it out, the default report project has the following line.
@(Html.Telerik().ScriptRegistrar().DefaultGroup(group => group.Combined(true).Compress(true)))
Take this out and it works.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2014, 06:59 PM
Hello Donald,

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Most probably there were registered the same scripts with different versions due to the setting, which has caused Javascript conflicts.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Donald
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Donald
Top achievements
Rank 1