Test Studio Dev in VS2019

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Adam
    Adam avatar
    1 posts

Posted 18 Jul 2019 Link to this post

I saw on your blog post here:  https://www.telerik.com/blogs/test-studio-gains-visual-studio-2019-support-in-latest-service-pack that Test Studio now supports Visual Studio 2019, I need to write some tests for our UI (web and possibly winforms if it is supported).  Looking at my license in my control panel, I see I am licensed for (I cannot install either one, as I use VS 2019):

1.  Telerik Testing Framework

2.  Telerik Test Studio Dev

So, just two quesitons:

1.  What is the difference between 'Testing Framework' and 'Test Studio Dev"?

2.  How can I install them when I am only licensed for Visual Studio 2019 at this time.

Thanks,

2. Elena
    Admin
    Elena avatar
    1223 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2019 Link to this post

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your interest in Test Studio. 

I reviewed your account and licenses you are assigned to and here is some further notes about the different Test Studio products. The Testing Framework is the free product, which allows you to implement UI testing in unit tests

The Test Studio Dev Edition is the plugin for Visual Studio, which can be installed as part of Test Studio standalone installation or as a separate product included in the DevCraft Ultimate bundle. Test Studio Dev provides the most valuable of the Test Studio Ultimate features like, for example, recording and executing tests against different browsers. 

Since the Testing Framework is a free product, you can install this one right away. And in regards the plugin for Visual Studio - the Test Studio Dev, you can also install this one as you are a licensed user with the DevCraft Ultimate license you have. Once the Test Studio dev installation is complete, you will only need to activate the license

I hope the information will be helpful for you. However. in case of any further questions, please get back to me. 

Thank you in advance for your time. 

Regards,
    Elena
    Progress Telerik

Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
    Test Studio Trainings