This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Template Selector

3 Answers 99 Views
DesktopAlert
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kheng Aik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kheng Aik asked on 02 Jul 2015, 06:29 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to select different visual template/theme dynamically in code to handle different type of alert. For example red background for critical message while blue background is for normal alert.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Masha
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2015, 10:39 AM
Hello Kheng,

You can achieve the desired scenario simply by creating different RadDesktopAlert styles and applying them according to your needs when RadDesktopAlert has been initialized.

I've demonstrated the above approach in the attached project. Please note the project uses implicit styles approach and NoXaml binaries.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Masha
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ashrul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2018, 04:10 AM
hi i tried to run your example program, but i got this, please help me.
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2018, 07:01 AM
Hi Ashrul,

To make the example work, you will need to make sure that all the referenced Telerik dlls have the same version. For example, 2018.2 620. After this you can Rebuild the project. Also, note that the example was created with NoXaml dlls, so, I would recommend you to reference those. You can read more about this in the Xaml vs. NoXaml article.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
DesktopAlert
Asked by
Kheng Aik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Masha
Telerik team
Ashrul
Top achievements
Rank 1