This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TelerikEditor upgraded to .1219

3 Answers 62 Views
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Karl asked on 16 Jan 2012, 12:06 PM
Hi,
I have just upgraded to .1219 and would like to use the new nice features with the TelerikEditor.

this.richRibbonBar1 = new TelerikEditor.RichRibbonBar();

I get this error msg:

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'TelerikEditor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

What have I missed here?

Thank you,
Karl

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2012, 12:18 PM
Hello Karl,

You should change the Telerik references of the TelerikEditor project to point to the latest Telerik assemblies. Please also note that the project in which you are using the RibbonUI should contain a project reference to the TelerikEditor project.

Write back if you have additional questions.

Greetings,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

SP1 of Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new).

Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 12:43 AM
Hi Nikolay,

I downloaded the TelerikEditor from the 16.1. and pointed the references to the latest Telerik assemblies. Then I deleted the old TelerikEditor in my project and replaced it with the new one. I get 148 errors of the type:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'RadRibbonBarButtonGroup' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Charly\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\TelerikEditor\TelerikEditor\RichRibbonBar.cs 822 17 TelerikEditor
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'RadRibbonBarGroup' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Charly\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\TelerikEditor\TelerikEditor\RichRibbonBar.cs 832 17 TelerikEditor

Which step of the upgrade could I have overseen?

Thanks 

Karl
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Karl,

I am not sure what the reason is, but it seems that your TelerikEditor project could not find the referenced Telerik assemblies. Please add the necessary references anew. For more information about adding references to assemblies, please refer to this article.

If you have additional questions, feel free to write back.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

SP1 of Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new).

Tags
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Asked by
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or