This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik UI for MVC 2019.1.115 Not Built with MVC 5.2.7

5 Answers 171 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Scott asked on 16 Jan 2019, 08:48 PM

Here we go again. Why can't a new release use the latest version of MVC?

I updated my project and got MVC version warnings, again, just like in the fall.

Sure enough, I downloaded the SOURCE code and looked, and it uses MVC 5.2.6 still.

NOTE: If a ticket is put into the system, it will take weeks or even months for a fix because this is always deemed low priority.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2019, 01:32 PM
Hi Scott,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. 

The developers have already addressed the issue and the version of System.Mvc is updated. The update will be included in the next Service Pack.  If you would like to avoid seeing the warning in Visual Studio sooner I suggest downloading the next internal build when it is available. 

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 18 Jan 2019, 01:40 PM

Thanks Viktor for the update. It was upsetting because our release will go out before any update. However, I found a way to suppress the build warning.

But is there anyway that this can be prevented in the future since it happens almost each time?

Basically, before building a release, check and see if all Microsoft packages are up-to-date.

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2019, 08:30 AM
Hello Scott,

We are working on a process to ensure that the latest MVC version is used with the Kendo components. It should be applied soon so such warnings can be avoided in the future.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2019, 07:56 PM
When can we expect the next "Service Pack" to be released?
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2019, 12:07 PM
Hello William,

I am afraid that we do not have an exact date scheduled for the Service Pack, however, it would be probably be available for download mid to late February. 

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
Scott
Top achievements