This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Reporting Web Designer HTML5 control is not working after R2 2020 Update on UWP webView and Microsoft Edge

1 Answer 154 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mirzodaler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Mirzodaler asked on 28 May 2020, 08:09 AM

Hi,

We have updated our Reporting dlls to R2 2020.
We use WebView inside UWP app to show HTML5 Report Viewer and Web Report designer. Currently, the report viewer is working fine but we have a problem with a web designer. We tested with a separate web page outside of UWP WebView using the Chrome browser and it is working fine. We also noticed, that the same thing which is working in a Chrome browser is not working on Microsoft Edge, it seems it is the same issue. Also everything is working fine in a new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, it is working fine.
in summary:
- working fine for Chrome, Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
- not working on UWP WebView control, Microsoft Edge.
Definition of not working: the control is loading fine, but when I open the report it is not showing report. We debugged client-server communication and it is sending appropriate information from the server. The same server is used for all testings (UWP, Chrome, Edge).
Is it something missing with a new release, or is it know the issue, or did someone reported this already?

Thank you,

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2020, 06:37 AM

Hello Mirzodaler,

If I understood correctly when you launch the Web Report Designer from your UWP application in Microsoft Edge, the designer doesn't work. I have made some tests with the attached project but I was not able to reproduce the issue. To be able to investigate further, can you check for any errors in the browser's console and can you send us the problematic application, so we can test it on our end?

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mirzodaler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Neli
Telerik team
Share this question
or