This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Reporting Template VS2010

2 Answers 101 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adam asked on 11 Jan 2013, 05:15 AM
Hi Guys,

I've installed the Telerik Reporting Trial Q3 2012 objects and ticked the box to integrate into VS2010 and VS2012....

I'm having a few issues...

1) I have no Telerik Reporting Template in VS, so I can't create a new Reporting Project...

2) So since I couldn't do that, I thought I'd try to use the stand-alone report designer...  This "works" and would probably allow me to create a report if I wanted to use SQL Server directly as my datasource..  but I don't... I want to use my Linq datacontext I created earlier in VS...

When I installed the package and it initially didn't work with templates, etc...  I thought I'd done something wrong, so I uninstalled and reinstalled...  then I restarted my machine and still no good..

What steps have I missed to get the VS templates to appear...???

How do I link to a linq datasource at the time of designing a report..???  can I do this through the standalone designer or can I only do that through VS...???

Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2013, 05:33 AM
I also found this link:

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/general/missing-item-template.aspx

But it didn't help..  I have the Telerik_Reporting_Q3_2012_SP1.zip file in the .../ItemTemplates/CSharp/Reporting folder and I ran the /InstallVSTemplates command, but nothing works..
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2013, 05:04 PM
Hi Adam,

We have the following questions/suggestions:
  • what is the type of project in which you try to add the report? Note that Web Site projects are not supported and this info is available in the Telerik Reporting Item Template is missing KB article.
  • it is not clear whether you're looking for item templates or project templates. Telerik Reporting has item templates only as it is embedded engine and becomes part of your application.
  • what Visual Studio version did you try this with? Are they missing from both VS2010 and VS2012?

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve
Telerik team