Telerik Reporting: ReportEngineConfiguration not available when targeting net462

0 Answers 197 Views
.NET Core Report Viewer - ASP.NET
Paulo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paulo asked on 27 Apr 2021, 05:43 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the telerik reporting on a asp net core project targeting net462 and I can't configure it unless I use the app.config, but using the app.config is not an option, nor changing to .net core, so, anyone knows a way to setup this properly?

Thank you

Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
commented on 30 Apr 2021, 10:47 AM

Hi Paulo,

In .NET Core applications our configuration can be obtained from appsettings.json file. The .NET Core console applications also try to load the config from an app.config file, if appsettings.json is not present. I suggest to add an appsettings.json file to the root of your application and configure Telerik Reporting in it, as explained in this article: Telerik Reporting Configuration.

Paulo
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 14 May 2021, 06:46 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your response. After reading the article I still can't figure how to configure the connection strings to be used by the reports. Can you help me with this setup?
Thank you
Todor
Telerik team
commented on 19 May 2021, 11:39 AM

For .NET Core projects with Telerik.Reporting targeting the .NET Framework, you need to use the app.config file for the configuration. You may check the article section HTML5 Report Viewer in ASP.NET Core - Connection Strings and Engine Configuration for details.
Todor
Telerik team
commented on 19 May 2021, 11:55 AM

You may test to reference the Telerik Reporting assemblies for .NET Standard as .NET 4.62 is compatible with .NET Standard 2.0. They get the configuration from IConfiguration that may be set up to read a JSON configuration file.

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
.NET Core Report Viewer - ASP.NET
Asked by
Paulo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or