This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Reporting Q1 2014 Documentation for Graphs

1 Answer 19 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Feisal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Feisal asked on 05 Mar 2014, 10:50 PM
I followed explicitly the How To instructions listed on http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/graphhowtocreatecolumnchart.html
I found that the resulting Column Graph is not the same as the one displayed on the web page named above.
Also, I followed explicitly the How To instructions listed on http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/graphhowtocreatepiechart.html
I found that the resulting Pie Graph displays properly in the Designer.  However, it does not display properly when I click on the Preview tab or the Html Preview tab.  Also, this Pie Graph does not display properly on my web form which references the class library containing the report which has the Pie Graph named above.  Is there any omission or inaccuracy in the How To instructions given on those web pages named above?  Thank you.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2014, 02:23 PM
Hi Feisal,

Please elaborate on the differences you have noticed. Additionally send us screenshots of the resulted Graphs. Generally the images are only illustrative and as noted in the articles last point you should set the color palette, the formatting of the labels, the values of the legend and any other improvements according to your specific needs. For more information, see Formatting a Graph.

About having different result in the VS Designer and Preview we are unable to reproduce it on our end. Please make sure that the report definition is saved and not locked under source control. Additionally you can try to restart the IDE. 

Still we have found a small omission in the How to: Create Pie Chart help article - the WHERE clause is not required and not elaborated further. We will update the article for the next help update.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Feisal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Share this question
or