This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

telerik reporting and vs 2010

1 Answer 157 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Greg Sipes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Greg Sipes asked on 05 Jul 2010, 07:14 PM
The Telerik reporting tool does not seem to work with Visual Studio 2010. I am just getting into reporting, so I could be wrong. If I open Visual Studio 2008 and create a new wpf project, then add a Telerik Report, everything works fine and the wizard starts. If I open Visual Studio 2010 and create a new wpf project, then add a Telerik Report,  I receive an error stating "Could not find Telerik.Reporting. Report. If I go in and manually add the reference, then rebuild the application, 10 new errors appear, all in the designer. I've tried to iron out the issues, but no luck. Any advice? I'd really hate to have to back the project down to an older version to be able to use the Telerik reporting tools. Also, I did check for updates on the report controls, but no help there either.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Greg Sipes,

The problem is that in Visual Studio 2010 WPF, Windows Forms and Console projects target the .NET 4 Client profile framework, which is currently not supported by Telerik Reporting. You should open the project properties and change the target framework to .NET framework 4.

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Greg Sipes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Share this question
or