Telerik Reporting

1 Answer 66 Views
Report Viewer - ASP.NET Upgrade
Meena
Top achievements
Rank 1
Meena asked on 17 Sep 2021, 12:06 PM

Upgraded Telerik Reporting DLL version From 12.1.18.516 to 15.1.21.616 But it doesn't show textbox data that comes from ItemDataBound or ItemDataBinding.

I am using report in asp.net vb project.

Please suggest solution

Meena
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 18 Aug 2022, 09:03 AM

Hi Guys,

I want to replace Telerik report viewer with the more recent HTML5 version.

I am using Telerik report viewer on .aspx page in asp.net web form project.

In same project solution we have report designed and we are passing that report to viewer from code behind using

report property.

example

ReportViewer.Report = New Report(this report is InheritedTelerik.Reporting.Report);

Please let me know if there is any step by step document or article that can help me to accomplish this.

Thank you

Dimitar
Telerik team
commented on 22 Aug 2022, 11:54 AM

Please refer to the Upgrade your ASP.NET WebForms ReportViewer control to the new HTML5 Report Viewer KB article for details on how you may migrate to the HTML5-based report viewers

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2021, 10:46 AM

Hello Meena,

As of R3 2016, we applied an optimization change in the report rendering algorithm and now each definition item property values are read and cached once the report rendering starts. If you are working with item definitions in events, they will not be modified.

For more details and solutions for this problem, please have a look at the Changes on items in report events are not applied KB article.

Thank you for using Telerik Reporting!

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Tags
Report Viewer - ASP.NET Upgrade
Asked by
Meena
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or